Chefs table question

murph1031

We are booked for the Chefs table on the Paradise in July. This will be our second cruise, so we have never done this. I have a pretty good idea of what to expect food wise, main reason for booking this, but can anyone give me some info on the following.

We have been told start time is 6.30pm, about how long does the whole experience take?

Dress code? I'm sure it's a little more formal that "formal night", is this a suit night for sure?

Tip? do or not? is it expected?

How many people are usually at this meal?

I read that no cameras are allowed, how strict is this rule?

Would you take your kids (age 15 and 16) or is this more of a adult deal? feeling guilty already.

Do they put the fee onto your sail and sign sail? (I'm pretty sure they do, but just asking) or do you pay in advance?

Thanks again for the help

Murph

We started at 6:15 and ended at about 9:30 (we went to the show that night)

There were 12 of us, which is the max.

Photos were not allowed in the galley, but were welcomed during the dinner.

Dress code was casual, but nice. Most men were in polo style shirts. They were asked to not wear sleeveless. Women were asked to wear no heels or or open toed shoes, but some did wear sandalls. No suits or gowns.

Tip is included. There was no pressure to tip more, but I think most did. We tipped $20 for both of us. Others did $20 pp. Not sure what else was common. It all went on sign and sail.

Older kids who are goodies may enjoy it, but it is an adult event.

I did an extensive review in my cruise review thread about the triumph that is currently active. There are two menus, we had the older one. It was amazing.

We are booked for the Chefs table on the Paradise in July. This will be our second cruise, so we have never done this. I have a pretty good idea of what to expect food wise, main reason for booking this, but can anyone give me some info on the following.

We have been told start time is 6.30pm, about how long does the whole experience take?

--3-4 hours for us when we went

Dress code? I'm sure it's a little more formal that "formal night", is this a suit night for sure?

--Slacks, shirt, tie is what I wore and a few others. Some with jackets some without. Women wore dresses or pants and tops. Everyone was nicely dressed

Would you take your kids (age 15 and 16) or is this more of a adult deal? feeling guilty already.

Do they put the fee onto your sail and sign sail? (I'm pretty sure they do, but just asking) or do you pay in advance?

Thanks again for the help

Murph

--3-4 hours for us when we went

--Slacks, shirt, tie is what I wore and a few others. Some with jackets some without. Women wore dresses or pants and tops. Everyone was nicely dressed

-- did not tip when we did ours

--No more than 12 in ours

--I had my camera and took lots of pictures

--I think its more adult deal

--Yep they do

Does the Chef's Table, as part of the fee, include wine?

Yes. We had champagne in the galley, and a red and white both, during dinner. coke was also offered, but I don't think anyone but non drinkers had it. Coffee and hot chocolate and cappuccino were served with dessert

Yes. We had champagne in the galley, and a red and white both, during dinner. coke was also offered, but I don't think anyone but non drinkers had it. Coffee and hot chocolate and cappuccino were served with dessert

Wow, sounds nice!

Archived