need help picking a sail date

I need some thoughts on booking a sail date for September 2013. I know its very early, but i will like some opinions on what to do. My only requirement is that ship sails from NYC and stops in the eastern caribbean with a stop in san juan.

I have narrow it down to these two date: September 6 2013 and September 22 2013.

I noticed some pro and cons both dates. For Sept 6, the Splendor is the only port in NYC (may make check in easier), early in sept which could be a problem with bad weather (hurricanes?) and the day the ship is in St thomas there is 3 other ships in port (will the island feel crowded?). Love that it is a Friday - Saturday itinerary, gives me an extra day before work

Overall, i am leaning on the Sept 22 date since the splendor is the only ship in all 3 ports but the norwegian breakaway will be in nyc the same day as the splendor which may cause some problems with embarkation and checkin at the terminal. I somewhat dont like the Sunday - Monday dates since i most likely will have to work the next day i come back

I would go for the 9/22 sailing. Several reasonsin my opinion. I feel that having 3 empty port of calls would be more important than 1 embarkation day. Also 9/6 is real close to Labor Day Weekend. I live in Florida and hurricanes seem to be more active around Labor Day, but do not plan a vacation around weather. Cruise LInes will divert to avoid storms..Got to to deal with mother nature.

The embarkation ports handle many ships so I would not use that to decide. Also, I have taken many cruises in Sept. and some in October. Hurricanes can happen all through September so it doesnt really matter which of the two weeks you choose as far as that goes. Mother nature is mother nature. Being the only ship in port at your destinations is a definate bonus.

Archived