Questions for recent Maasdam cruisers

:rolleyes:Wondering what the bathroom storage situation is in Outside cabins?

Does the hairdryer have a regular on/off switch? Have arthritis in hands and very thick hair, so would need to bring my own hairdryer if the one on the ship requires constant pressing of button to keep it on.

All cabins have a hand held hair blower and when the button is placed in on position, the blower remains on. You won't have to depress it the whole time you are using it.

I have short hair and find the dryer more than adequate but some here with long, thick hair say they bring their own. I think the HAL one is something like 1800 watts.

Does the hairdryer have a regular on/off switch? Have arthritis in hands and very thick hair, so would need to bring my own hairdryer if the one on the ship requires constant pressing of button to keep it on.

according to my DW, the answer is no .. we were on Caribbean cruise in Feb-Mar on Maasdam ... she said you turn on and it stays on.

harry

Bathroom storage is in two places: first, there are 2 small glass shelves next to the sink mirror, each about 5"x10". These are good for toothbrush and toothpast and a few small essentials. Second there is a fairly large shelf under the sink vanity about 10" deep x almost 3 ft wide where I kept all my zip lock bags of different categories of things such as a bag of skin items (sanitizer, sunscreen, aloe etc) a bag of first aid (bandaids, neosporine, small ace bandage, GI meds etc) and a bag of cold meds, plus our travel toiletkits, one each with our personal needs including a pair of Sea Bands each. This shelf holds a lot if your items are organnized in gallon zip locks.

Plus there is a bit of room on the vanity too under the 2 glass shelves next to the sink, plus similarly on the other side of the sink under the 2 water glasses which are held suspended above the shelf in brackets on the wall.

I hope this helps. There may be some photos on Joanie's photo page... check near the top of the CC HAL board for the Sticky Thread on cabin photos.

m--

:rolleyes:Wondering what the bathroom storage situation is in Outside cabins?

If you have thick hair, bring your own hairdryer. I've never been impressed with theirs.

Agree with all that has been said. Last fall, on a 45-day cruise on the Maasdam, we put a hanging shoe holder over the door, and kept many of our toiletries, etc., in the pockets. It was very handy, both to the sink and the shower. If I were just on 7 days, though, I wouldn't bother with that.

Archived