Question about embarkation day

marlin1518

We will be arriving in Oahu on the day prior to our cruise. We will have a rental car. My question is, on Saturday can I drive to the port, check in and drop off our bags,then leave, return the car and be transported back to the port? Or do we have to board once we have checked in?

We will be arriving in Oahu on the day prior to our cruise. We will have a rental car. My question is, on Saturday can I drive to the port, check in and drop off our bags,then leave, return the car and be transported back to the port? Or do we have to board once we have checked in?

Once you clear security & check in, you can't leave. However, i believe you can drop off / check your bags and then leave to return the car before going through security yourself if you want. In the past, I've always returned the car first and taken the rental car shuttle (with all bags in tow) back to the port.

Once you clear security & check in, you can't leave. However, i believe you can drop off / check your bags and then leave to return the car before going through security yourself if you want. In the past, I've always returned the car first and taken the rental car shuttle (with all bags in tow) back to the port.

When did take the POA?

When we went we did go back out after checking in and dropping your carry on in the cabin.

I didn't know that a cruise line and keep you captive and prevent you from leaving.

Yes you can do all that and then turn in your car as long as you return by the all aboard time which for embarkation day is and hour before sail away. Though you should keep in mind the life boat drill.

The other question is where would you leave your car while checking in. I don't believe you can park in front of the terminal as that is for loading and unloading. Perhaps you can park outside the initial gate as there is a small parking lot.

You may check-in all the way, and go to your room ...and then leave the ship...if time before sailing permits.

We have done it on the PoAm many times.

Chuck

Good point, I forgot that with the later sailing time you'd likely have time, that's not the case in all embarkation ports on a tight turn around.

I can't speak for all cruises, but for PoA that is simply incorrect. You most certainly can check in and then leave the ship. You do have to be back onboard a certain amount of time before departure and for the life boat drill. We have dropped luggage and then returned a rental car more than once.

beachchick

Archived