Kicking a dead horse, but...

We leave on the Freedom on June 2 and there have been a lot of back and forth postings about the cutbacks. Can anyone confirm as in just back from a cruise, are the hurricane plastic cups still available for the drink of the day (now called daily specials) and is there a live band performing on the Lido deck. Every post I read the answer changes and I don't know if the cutbacks had not been implemented yet on certain ships or if it is not really happening, just a bad dream!

We leave on the Freedom on June 2 and there have been a lot of back and forth postings about the cutbacks. Can anyone confirm as in just back from a cruise, are the hurricane plastic cups still available for the drink of the day (now called daily specials) and is there a live band performing on the Lido deck. Every post I read the answer changes and I don't know if the cutbacks had not been implemented yet on certain ships or if it is not really happening, just a bad dream!
Plastic Hurricane cups are still available on Freedom, as she is not scheduled to go thru the 2.0 conversion until 2013. There will be a two person combo performing on the Lido Deck daily, except for the times when the Entertainment Staff is having a contest or trivia game.

Enjoy - we've been on her twice and absolutely LOVE the ship!

Great! Thank you for your reply! You know it is the little things in life, like the plastic cups, that make it all worth while. I'm really excited about the cruise and the ports we will be seeing, none of which we have ever been to. I was really concerned about the live bands as this cruise is an eight day with 3 sea days. Whew!! All is well--25 days and counting!:D

I have about 10 of those things.. won't take them on my cruise in 2 DAYS but might bring a few on our Dream cruise after the 2.0 upgrade in Nov. would be kinda cool to wander the deck with a 'cane glass if not available for sale.

Last year we sailed the Freedom I didn't think about it then, but our drinks were sold in regular cups and we were fine with that.

There was lido deck live entertainment that we recall as well.

Loved our sailing on the Freedom

Sailed the Dream last week.

No hurricane glasses for DOD.

They came in regular glasses.

One night in Club Caliente they offered the DOD in the Disco Ball.

When we inquired with the bar staff they said they were only doing it because it was the end of the lot.

They said they have done away with all the souvenir cups and hurricane glasses.

On the Lido, with the exception of a DJ on Deck Party night, there was no sort of live music.

HTH.

We just got off Freedom two weeks ago (6-day trip) and the plastic hurricane cups were not sold during our trip. (The cutesy Carnival ones that say "Look at me, I'm on vacation," etc.) When we boarded the ship and got our first drink of the day (the reddish rum punch stuff), it was served in a clear plastic cup. I have a pic somewhere that I took with my Blackberry before we left Fort Lauderdale - will try to find and upload.

The daily drink specials were available, and we did see the monkey head, disco ball and some of the other souvenir cups.

ETA: There was a two-man steel drum band playing when we boarded and I do recall seeing them at least one of the other days of the week. (we're not much of Lido deck type people - we stay in the low-traffic deck areas, so I can't comment on whether they were there every day.)

ETS again: found it! Picture from first day's drinks on Freedom few weeks ago. (yes those were all mine! woohoo!)

Freedomdrinks.jpg

Archived