Ways to celebrate 50th anniversary on FOS?

Hi all,

I need your cruising expertise!

My parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary on Freedom of the Seas this October. Our whole family is going along as Dad wanted to treat us! (We surprised them on their 45th anniversary cruise on the Mariner) My parents have been on this ship several times; they cruise many times a year and all on RCCL. This is my 1st time on FOS. My question: Are there any special things you can think of that we can surprise them with throughout the week? I know we can have their cabin decorated, and get a cake at dinner, but I am looking for some unique ideas that either the ship would offer, or that we can bring aboard, maybe a a little surprise each day? We are having tshirts/totes made(not original, but still fun!)

I appreciate any and all input!

My parents did this on their 40th. It was an awesome trip. My wife and I actually got married in St. Thomas on that trip! Had the whole family there and it was wonderful. That was 23 years ago . . .

On the FOS "onboard experience" page on RCI's website it shows wedding arrangements. You could surprise them and renew their vows on ship or in a port. ??

Good luck! Happy 50th to M&D.

How nice for you and your family to be able to celebrate your parents 50th anniversary!

What about arranging to have a family portrait?

Perhaps a family luncheon in the MDR?

Do they like to be at the pool when the band is playing? You might be able to request "their" song and surprise them.

Have them renew their vows.

every day give them 50 "somethings" - ie. 50 kisses (each person gives enough so they all add up to 50, 50 M&M's, etc.

Speak to the maitre d' when you arrive.

If they are Diamond members you can contact the diamond concierge via email prior to going and make some arrangements with him

Bring a recording of their wedding song and have the band play it

Myself and my two siblings also did Mom and Dads 50th Anniversary on a Royal ship. What we did was each write a letter about what their relationship to each other and to us meant to us. We then arranged with Royal a special space and time on board to have some cocktails and each got up and read our letters out loud in front of them and the other friends we brought along. It has been a keepsake for them as they made a scrap book of pictures of our cruise and each of our letters are there too. They have celebrated their 62nd this past year...What a blessing!!!!!!

Archived