Service Dog on Royal Caribbean Bahamas

kloutz

I am taking my dog on Royal Carribean. She is a service dog. The cruise line has a rule that dogs cannot be left unattended in the room? How do they know when service dogs are trained and quiet. Also, RC is different than Carnival. They want me to have all paperwork which is fine but there is a rule:

(b) The animal must be accompanied by a valid certificate which substantiates

that it has been vaccinated against rabies within not less than one (1) month and

not more than ten (10) months prior to importation for the one (1) year vaccine.

For the three (3) year vaccine it must be within no less than one (1) month and

not more than thirty-four (34) months prior to importation into The Bahamas.

My dog always gets a one year on schedule but just got her rabies last Fri and we leave RC on May 21 for the Bahammas. then we need a health certification no more than 48 hours old.

So, I have a RC question and Bahamas question.

• 4 weeks later...
I am taking my dog on Royal Carribean. She is a service dog. The cruise line has a rule that dogs cannot be left unattended in the room? How do they know when service dogs are trained and quiet. Also, RC is different than Carnival. They want me to have all paperwork which is fine but there is a rule:

(b) The animal must be accompanied by a valid certificate which substantiates

that it has been vaccinated against rabies within not less than one (1) month and

not more than ten (10) months prior to importation for the one (1) year vaccine.

For the three (3) year vaccine it must be within no less than one (1) month and

not more than thirty-four (34) months prior to importation into The Bahamas.

My dog always gets a one year on schedule but just got her rabies last Fri and we leave RC on May 21 for the Bahammas. then we need a health certification no more than 48 hours old.

So, I have a RC question and Bahamas question.

They know that the dog has been left unattended as the cabin stewarts will see you coming and going from the cabin with out the dog. Also the cabin attendents often have reason to in and out of the cabin throughout the day as they are replacing towels that were not available earlier when they made up the room earlier ,also dropping off papers and other promotional information. Not to mention bar personnel come to check the mini bar daily.

The Bahamas is very strict with the dogs documentation . There is no way that the RCCL can override that for you. Your dog is noted in the information of your sea pass. If you try to get off the ship in the Bahamas with your dog and without having supplied RCCL with all the documentation, your seas pass card will be beep thus flagging security that the dog does not have the proper ducmentation and yoiu will be stopped from exiting the ship with the dog.

Archived