QM2 Crossing and Booking Hotels, Etc

Leucothea

Would you say it is more difficult to book accommodation in the UK in summer (especially this summer) or around Christmas? I'm thinking about both temporary accommodations and possible long term.

I'm trying to decide whether it is better to cross on QM2 in the summer or close to the Christmas holidays. Then there is the weather on the Atlantic during the latter season to consider. Thanks.

(Sorry, I meant to put a question mark, not an exclamation mark at the title.)

During the Olympics I think it will depend on where you want to stay.

In London it will be almost impossible as all the hotels will be/have been booked up months in advance.

However, judging my recent media reports in the UK, outside of London may be much easier. It's been reported that the high price of accommodation in London has deterred people who would normally come to the UK, say visit London and then visit elsewhere. So those who would normally come are not bothering, so it may well be easier.

Christmas is not a problem I would say. Most people don't go away to hotels at Christmas, so while hotels will increase their prices over Christmas I dont think you would have to much trouble.

Would you say it is more difficult to book accommodation in the UK in summer (especially this summer) or around Christmas? I'm thinking about both temporary accommodations and possible long term.

I'm trying to decide whether it is better to cross on QM2 in the summer or close to the Christmas holidays. Then there is the weather on the Atlantic during the latter season to consider. Thanks.

(Sorry, I meant to put a question mark, not an exclamation mark at the title.)

England in summer is heaven on earth! Do a google search and you will find ample accommodation too and remeber to shop around for the right price . UK schools generally have school holidays from circa 24 July to end August (6 weeks) so accommodation is likely to be less expensive outside of these times and also during London's 3rd hosting of the Olympics. If you are able to join the crossing on 29 May, you will be in for a great jubilee welcome in Southampton on 5 June.

Archived