Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston/West Ashley ? And Port parking/shuttle ??'s Please

fun!melis

I got a room for one night........

Snooze to cruise for 195.22 tax and all........

this is for one night stay for 4 people two queen size beds, two people shuttle/ 18.00 per person for the additional 2 <~~ which I think im getting ripped off but not sure........:confused:

My thoughts are I wanted to have a headach free travel by car a night before the cruise and for a cheaper cost to keep our car somewhere for 7 nights................. Hope im making the right desision:eek::eek::eek:

From what the hotel said............:rolleyes: It being a Friday and one night stay... this is "prime time"

Tried some other hotels and they were WAY run down and would not feel good about leaving my car there..

But any other one thoughts:confused:

We stayed there last Sept...paid only about half as much and don't remember paying for the shuttle. It did seem like a safe area to leave our car and didn't worry about it at all while we were gone.

I got a room for one night........

Snooze to cruise for 195.22 tax and all........

this is for one night stay for 4 people two queen size beds, two people shuttle/ 18.00 per person for the additional 2 <~~ which I think im getting ripped off but not sure........:confused:

My thoughts are I wanted to have a headach free travel by car a night before the cruise and for a cheaper cost to keep our car somewhere for 7 nights................. Hope im making the right desision:eek::eek::eek:

It is a great property and right next to Myabi Japanese Steakhouse. (great sushi). It is peak season but that does seem a bit high, even for June.

The shuttle does seem like a bit of a rip off. My mother lives not far from there and when we just took a regular yellow cab, it was $15.00 with the tip included. I dont know if there are restrictions for how many can ride in a cab but to pay $18.00 pp more, seems like a lot.

The West Ashley area is a safe area. I grew up there and lived there for 5 years most recently before I bought my house in the country. The only hotel that I heard negative things about in that area was the Sweetgrass Inn Best Western. It is an older property and apparently isnt as nice as it used to be.

When we took a cruise out of Charleston we did the Embassy Suites. They took us to the ship after the night there. Then when they picked us up the driver charged us ten bucks! Well the shuttle was included in the price and he was charging everybody ten bucks. Well we all paid it but when I got back he took us to our cars not to the hotel. Well I walked into the hotel and complained and told his manager and she gave me the money back and hopefully he got fired.

I was looking at the Holiday Inn Downtown (the "round" one).. any input on that? I haven't seen anything on any of the boards about it...

We love to go to "The Round" just for the bar alone! It is all the way at the top. Such amazing views. The only drawback that I have heard about them is that the balcony doors are welded shut so you wont be able to step out there. :( I am sure it became a liability. Neat hotel though. DBF used to stay there sometimes when he had a few too many libations downtown and couldnt take a cab all the way to Hollywood.

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Mt. Pleasant under their cruise package and would recommend it. I can't help you with the West Ashley location.

Mt. Pleasant is a very safe location. I work in Mt. Pleasant. Just keep in mind that Mt. P is currently undergoing a ton of construction on Hwy 17. It is'nt asthetically pleasing....for now. :o If you do choose to go with Mt. P, make sure to find the walking area on the bridge. I say to do this but the bridge has been up for over 5 years now and I STILL havent walked over it. :p If you do this the morning of the cruise, you should be able to get some really cool pics of the ship in point from that vantage point.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn West Ashley last year for our cruise. We did the park and cruise pkg also. I think the extra person fee for the shuttle was $14 pp. There was a group of 13 of us and they provided 2 shuttles so we would all go to the port together. Our cars were parked right out in front while we were gone so they could be seen from inside and never had a problem. Would reccommed this hotel. I don't remember what we paid, but I don't think it was that much. If you stop and figure that it is going to cost you $15 per night to park at the port and subtract that from your hotel your nightly rate really isn't that bad.

I already booked it at that price but when we get there Im going to ask why my two boys are $36 more dollars to go..:mad:

From what everyone is saying I paid to much :(

Its a done deal and I guess its my thought of not to worry about the drive THE DAY OF compaired to staying the night and chilling out knowing im there.

The only other thing would be I never did a shuttle so for us 4 Im wondering how much of a headach this will be to get to the ship when we want to:eek:

VIP I want to be early enough to chill and not have to worry about it:D

• 2 weeks later...

how the shuttle's work do they pick you up at the hotel and drop you off for the other shuttle to take you to the terminal for scanning and such????

I already booked it at that price but when we get there Im going to ask why my two boys are $36 more dollars to go..:mad:

From what everyone is saying I paid to much :(

Its a done deal and I guess its my thought of not to worry about the drive THE DAY OF compaired to staying the night and chilling out knowing im there.

The only other thing would be I never did a shuttle so for us 4 Im wondering how much of a headach this will be to get to the ship when we want to:eek:

VIP I want to be early enough to chill and not have to worry about it:D

Archived