Port time changes by Carnival--Pirates Zip line and West Bay Beach

klpsmom

We are sailing on the Dream in June. We were originally scheduled to be in Roatan from 10-7 ship time and now it's 8-5, which translates into 6-3 local time!:mad: Other than being supremely ticked off about it, I'm concerned about having enough time. Who the heck does anything at 6am?? This was the one port I was really excited about.

Anyone out there done Pirates Zip and West Bay beach during those port times? Did you feel you had enough beach time? We've booked a freestyle tour w/ Rony and I've emailed him directly. Just hoping for some first hand advice!

Are you sure you have that correct? Port time is generally 8-5 local time.

Rony will be able to work anything out and knows ahead of time when all the ships arrive and disembark.

I just assumed that the times listed by Carnival for each port was ship time (which is EST for us sailing out of Port Canaveral)....Roatan's local time is 2 hours behind EST.

Am I wrong?

All you need to know that day is the time the ship is leaving...and that is ship time. ;) I didn't make that very clear in my answer.

We have our watches set to ship time no matter our destination. It would be disastrous if passengers had to change times in their watches between ports. I'm afraid many would miss the ship...or be afraid to get off! :D

Bodden and Rony tours ( as well as any other reputable companies around) are very aware of ship schedules and will know exactly where and when you arrive...at any port. Don't worry.

The only time this can become a problem is if you are independently flying over to another destination from the ship's port... like from Belize City to one of the Cays, which some cruisers do. Then they have to worry about flight times fitting into ship time. Can get tricky.

Check out this thread....It will offer you even more info...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1623686&highlight=time+change

All you need to know that day is the time the ship is leaving...and that is ship time. ;) I didn't make that very clear in my answer.

We have our watches set to ship time no matter our destination. It would be disastrous if passengers had to change times in their watches between ports. I'm afraid many would miss the ship...or be afraid to get off! :D

Bodden and Rony tours ( as well as any other reputable companies around) are very aware of ship schedules and will know exactly where and when you arrive...at any port. Don't worry.

The only time this can become a problem is if you are independently flying over to another destination from the ship's port... like from Belize City to one of the Cays, which some cruisers do. Then they have to worry about flight times fitting into ship time. Can get tricky.

Check out this thread....It will offer you even more info...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1623686&highlight=time+change

Got it! Thanks:D

Archived