Cabin guarantee doesn't guarantee quality

Reporter that booked Cabin 2417 on Valor.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/05/01/TRG0MCGEEQ1.DTL

Which is why, on a recent Caribbean trip on the 2,974-passenger Carnival Valor, I ended up in the dreaded Cabin Under the Galley. Apparently the guy who works the 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. shift above Cabin 2417 spends his time dismantling large steel girders with a 10-pound hammer and a firefighter's ax and carts away the pieces in a shopping cart with only three wheels. Or at least that's what it sounded like. (Which should be proof that, unlike most cruise media, we pay our own way and travel anonymously -- and sometimes get really bad rooms, just like you.)

Please explain to me what this gnty cabin is??? I have booked a cabin and have my room #... no where does it say guarantee does this mean that i have the cabin?

Since you have a cabin #, you do not have a guarantee. The chances of you being moved are remote although, it has happened. Chances are slim though. A guarantee means you are guaranteed a cabin in the catagory you booked or better. Unfortunately, the location is not always desireable.

I've been wondering about the Galley ...

My room will be 4222 on the Miracle, which as far as I can tell is above the Bacchus dining room. However, it seems to be in the "white space" where there are no tables.

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=MI&deckCode=2

The floor below the dining room is where the Galley is, but I'm wondering if I should change rooms. Anyone know what that "white space" is, on both sides towards the aft? On the site, it simply says: Bacchus Dining Room.

Would I be wrong in assuming that's where all the dishes come up from the Galley?

I'd love to ask people about it, but I figured it might get answered here.

Thanks,

Cheeky

Cheeky, I was in cabin 4228 on the Miracle and I didn't hear anything at all.

Just a bit of info that you might find handy. The laundry room with the iron and ironing board is right across from the cabin I had. Very close to you and no one was ever using it! :)

I was about to say: Brneyznfl ~ You've made my day!

(Actually, I did ... but I'm doing an edit now)

I see 4228 is the wrap-around aft cabin, which would be above the actual dining room. I'm worried about the galley. But it's still promising! I was also wondering about the noise from the dining room.

Thanks for responding!

Cheeky

Oh wow. We booked a guarenteed OceanView Cabin! Hopefully it comes out well, i'm kind of scared :(:confused:

We had guaranteed OV & everything was fine.

It probably will be with you too......I certainly would NOT

worry about it!

Have fun!!! :)

P. S. Just in case, TAKE EARPLUGS!!! See? Prob. solved! :)

You're quite right! Why didn't I think of earplugs? Of all things to forget on my UPL (Ultimate Packing List), you caught me!

Thanks everyone, I'm good to go

Cheeky

Archived