GS 1564 on FOS

Recently back from western caribbean on Freedom of the Seas. We stayed in GS 1564,it is right under the overhanging hot tub on the port side. Fabulous room! Lots of privacy with an extra large balcony. Most balconies have opaque glass dividers between them, this one had solid metal, so no one could see anything unless they peered around the divider. The balcony itself was probably a foot deeper than the ones right beside us(also GS's). The only drawback was that the glass was tinted blue for some reason. so the view of the ocean was not it's true colour, I meant to ask the captain why, but forgot to do that. I would book this cabin again but would get it on the starboard side next time, we faced out to sea not into the ports. The beds in the suites are so comfortable, I hated to leave it behind! Booked an overwater cabana on Labadee, what a treat! Worth every penny in my opinion. Did Chukka river tubing in Jamaica, lots of fun! Booked privately with Nativeways in Grand Cayman for their stingray, snorkel and rum point tour, can't say enough wonderful things about this company! I plan to go back to Grand Cayman for a week and will contact Sharon for another tour. Booked a driver for a day in Cozumel, nice way to see the island if you want a tour of the less populated side. Graham Seymour was the CD, that man is too funny, loved watching his morning show on the t.v.

The ice show was my favourite. Sat in the suite only section for all the shows, always great seats! I think my favourite suite perk was the priority boarding in Grand Cayman. We came back from a day in the sun to find a very long line waiting to board the tenders back to the ship, there was a separate line for suite guests, no line up! All in all a wonderful trip, ate our dinner ,which we ordered off the dinner menu, on our balcony most nights, such a treat!

Archived