Bus transportation planning...help.

Curise4me

Hello. Counting down the days until we set sail...NINE. I would like to go to Jobson's Cove and Blue Hole Park, both on Monday. Any suggestions to get there and back (Royal Dockyard) and which to stop at first would be greatly appreciated. Thank you:)

Blue Hole Hill Park and Jobson's Cove are quite far apart, so you're in for a lot of travel regardless of the order of your visit.

I would take the ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton, walk up to the bus terminal, and take a #1, 3, 10 or 11 bus from Hamilton to the Grotto Bay Hotel, which is adjacent to Blue Hole Hill Park.

When you're done there, take one of the same bus routes back to the Hamilton bus terminal and then take a #7 bus to Warwick Long Bay, which is adjacent to Jobson's Cove (you have to take the walking path from Warwick Long Bay to Jobson's Cove...I don't think you can walk along the beach as you're blocked by rock formations).

When you're done at Jobson's Cove, take a #7 bus to Dockyard (you'll be going in the same direction you were on the #7 from Hamilton to Warwick Long Bay).

You could also make the trip in the reverse order...Dockyard to Jobson's Cove to Hamilton to Blue Hole Hill Park to Hamilton to Dockyard using the same bus and ferry routes.

Please note that you can't ride public transportation in swimwear without a cover up, and you're not permitted to ride in wet clothing.

This page has links to the ferry and bus schedules:

http://seaexpress.bm/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_11846_311_1794_43/http%3B/ptpublisher.gov.bm%3B7087/publishedcontent/publish/gov__top_level__org__house_/govt_home_left_nav/bus_and_ferry_schedules.html

Blue Hole Hill Park and Jobson's Cove are quite far apart, so you're in for a lot of travel regardless of the order of your visit.

I would take the ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton, walk up to the bus terminal, and take a #1, 3, 10 or 11 bus from Hamilton to the Grotto Bay Hotel, which is adjacent to Blue Hole Hill Park.

When you're done there, take one of the same bus routes back to the Hamilton bus terminal and then take a #7 bus to Warwick Long Bay, which is adjacent to Jobson's Cove (you have to take the walking path from Warwick Long Bay to Jobson's Cove...I don't think you can walk along the beach as you're blocked by rock formations).

When you're done at Jobson's Cove, take a #7 bus to Dockyard (you'll be going in the same direction you were on the #7 from Hamilton to Warwick Long Bay).

You could also make the trip in the reverse order...Dockyard to Jobson's Cove to Hamilton to Blue Hole Hill Park to Hamilton to Dockyard using the same bus and ferry routes.

Please note that you can't ride public transportation in swimwear without a cover up, and you're not permitted to ride in wet clothing.

This page has links to the ferry and bus schedules:

http://seaexpress.bm/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_11846_311_1794_43/http%3B/ptpublisher.gov.bm%3B7087/publishedcontent/publish/gov__top_level__org__house_/govt_home_left_nav/bus_and_ferry_schedules.html

Hmmmm... is it worth the trouble going to Blue Hole? I have two boys, ages 4 & 6 and thought they would love it. I believe that Jobson's would be good for them, as neither are strong swimmers and they would be able to see some aquatic life. If you can think of something that would be more fun or interesting for them other than Blue Hole, please, any suggestions are welcome:) Thank you!!

Archived