Beijing to Xi'an

Denverite

We are thinking of taking a flight from Beijing to Xi'an the day our ship docks in Tianjin. I know we could fly from Tianjin to Xi'an but we need to drop off our luggage and would prefer to fly out of Beijing because they have more flights to Xi'an. We are looking at China Air or Hainan Airlines. My question is: If the ship docks at 4:30am on a Monday what time could we reasonably expect to be at the Beijing Airport either by using private transportation or Princess transportation? I'm thinking a late afternoon flight should be okay (3:00 or 4:00) with time to drop off our luggage at Left Luggage or the Hilton Airport Hotel. Thanks.

We are thinking of taking a flight from Beijing to Xi'an the day our ship docks in Tianjin. I know we could fly from Tianjin to Xi'an but we need to drop off our luggage and would prefer to fly out of Beijing because they have more flights to Xi'an. We are looking at China Air or Hainan Airlines. My question is: If the ship docks at 4:30am on a Monday what time could we reasonably expect to be at the Beijing Airport either by using private transportation or Princess transportation? I'm thinking a late afternoon flight should be okay (3:00 or 4:00) with time to drop off our luggage at Left Luggage or the Hilton Airport Hotel. Thanks.

Late afternoon should be fine. Assuming you may have to clear immigration which can take a while in China.

The biggest issue would be ticket availability on the Tianjin to Beijing train, but if you're doing private transport, that helps. Traffic can be nasty in Beijing at any time on any day, so that be your biggest hurdle since Tianjin is south and the airport is north, so you have to get through Beijing.

However, if you're absolutely set on flying out of Beijing that day, late afternoon sounds fair.

Archived