Cabanas?

I asked this on the private islands forum but never got any answers, so I'm asking it here.

In Coco Cay, I'm interested in one of the Cabanas (single size). I was wondering if you guys knew how many cabanas there are. Also, I know they are available to suite guests/diamond + first. Do you know how many actually are available after that fact? I'm a Gold member and I'm getting a balcony.

Thanks!! ;)

I found out some info on the private islands board a few months ago - we'll see if I remember correctly.

The clam shells for two (more like two lounge chairs with a cover over them) are $55 and include snorkeling gear and the upgraded barbecue lunch. The cabanas are for up to six (still not really a hug, but more like a structure... there are some pictures somewhere on the private islands board - might have to look back a few pages or do a search) and are $135, include snorkel gear and the upgraded barbecue lunch.

There are not many cabanas. I'm not sure how many. They are offered to suite and diamond guests first and often fill up. If you are interested in getting one, visit guest relations as soon as you get on the ship and you might luck out!

We just had one in March. As soon as you board, go to the excursions counter and sign up for one. We were able to book a clamshell right away and pay for it. Seems like it was 60.00 and included a fruit plate, two chairs, a bucket of ice and two bottles of water, and two beach towels to use. You are also in a private area and get the upgraded buffet. (steak and skewers)

The bigger cabanas I believe were 120.00, and those are first reserved for suite /diamond plus members, but you can have your name added to a waiting list. ( but reserve the clam shell also so you at least have one or the other ) They come wiht upgraded lounge chairs, beach mats, snorkel gear , and all the above. The snorkel gear only came with the bigger cabana.

You do get a discount on snorkel gear in the clamshell..but it doesnt come with it.

Hope this helps.

Also..did you look to see if you can book it as an excursion through the reservation system on the website? I was able to book a cabana in Labadee for our cruise in september already...but not sure if you can do that for cocoa cay

Also..did you look to see if you can book it as an excursion through the reservation system on the website? I was able to book a cabana in Labadee for our cruise in september already...but not sure if you can do that for cocoa cay

The Coco Cay cabanas are not available via the website. The only way to book them is to go to the Excursions desk once you are on board.

Okay, this thread from the Private Islands board is very informative - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1361338&highlight=coco+cay+cabanas

Turns out, we were all somewhat wrong.

Caba-Nettes (clam shells) are $50 and include two bottles of water, one floating mat, discounted snorkel gear, fruit plate, beach towels upon request, and the upgraded barbeque lunch for 2.

The cabana (2 chairs) is $120 and includes 4 bottles of water, 2 floating mats, 2 snorkel sets, a fruit plate, and beach towels upon request, as well as the upgraded barbeque lunch.

Family cabanas (4 chairs) are $150 and include all of the above, just for four people.

The last post in the thread (page 3) has a current brochure for the cabana.

If you want to reserve, visit the Explorations! desk as soon as you board the ship.

• 3 weeks later...
Okay, this thread from the Private Islands board is very informative - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1361338&highlight=coco+cay+cabanas

Turns out, we were all somewhat wrong.

Caba-Nettes (clam shells) are $50 and include two bottles of water, one floating mat, discounted snorkel gear, fruit plate, beach towels upon request, and the upgraded barbeque lunch for 2.

The cabana (2 chairs) is $120 and includes 4 bottles of water, 2 floating mats, 2 snorkel sets, a fruit plate, and beach towels upon request, as well as the upgraded barbeque lunch.

Family cabanas (4 chairs) are $150 and include all of the above, just for four people.

The last post in the thread (page 3) has a current brochure for the cabana.

If you want to reserve, visit the Explorations! desk as soon as you board the ship.

They include a bottle of champagne also and you can't access the beach from this area

Archived