this weeks Majesty reviews

I see the reviews of Majesty's second week have been mediocre but better than the first week.

The main problems seem to be dirty windows which i would have thought were cleanable :rolleyes:

Then there is the entertainment, this might end up being a real problem for Thomson. If Majesty consistently scores less on reviews because of her inferior (different) entertainment they might have problems filling her.

I notice that Majesty's itineries for next year are priced very high anyway, probably due to the Venice factor.

I was a bit shocked when I saw the prices for the Majesty next year, given it is untried and didn't have good ratings under Louis, but I suppose they can always lower it if they need to but would not be able to increase it if it proves to be a success. Early reviews would seem to endorse what most people worked out prior to its first sailing. The crew are wonderful and the food is good. The entertainment is not being well received and the basic cabins are very small. I do not see how they can alter the size of the cabins or the main show lounge without major structural changes, which isn't going to happen is it? I do not think they made a good choice of ship to replace the Destiny. On top of all of that they have made cutbacks which are adding more to the basic cost of your holiday. I think they are in danger of overcharging and could lose out in a very competetive market.

I suspect you are quite right on all your points there. I never travelled on Destiny but from what I have read, Majesty is a relatively minor improvement, albeit a newer vessel, and the entertainment is certainly inferior to previous Thomson offerings.

We preferred the Celebration to Majesty although that was a few years back. I think Celebration is more elegant inside with better deck layouts although it does suffer badly from vibration.

Newer is not always better, just look at planes and trains!

Another revue is in and it is the entertainment again!

It is the entertainment stupid

Do Thomson get this yet?

I have been looking at the deck plan and you could solve the entertainment problem of not enough ceiling height.

Remove the redundant disco

Raise the height of the ceiling

this is not going to happen because

1. thomson don't own the ship

2. Louis don't have the money

3. it takes years to plan

4. they don't care or rather they don't care if the punters keep paying.

As for next years prices. I booked a baltic cruise on P&O Arcadia for little more than the price of the equivalent on Spirit and get much better hardware and a nice quiet cabin in a location i want, not the ghetto by the engines ;)

Archived