Kids Crew

suitequeen

Wondering if anyone knows if the Kids Crew is free in port now. I noticed that on the website it says that port play is free except during dining hours. I called NCL and they said there was a charge. If anyone has cruised lately and used Kids crew I would be glad to here from you. We are cruising on the Jewel June 9th.

Thanks

Wondering if anyone knows if the Kids Crew is free in port now. I noticed that on the website it says that port play is free except during dining hours. I called NCL and they said there was a charge. If anyone has cruised lately and used Kids crew I would be glad to here from you. We are cruising on the Jewel June 9th.

Thanks

I dont have an answer for you, but now Im confused! Is there a charge for the kids club/crew/activities? I always thought it was free (except for tipping). By "in port" do you mean when the ship is docked you have to pay (or at least is that your question?). Im leaving in 2 week. The ship Ill be on will be docked for 3 days in Bermuda. Although I wouldnt leave my child on board while Im on shore, I may plan some activities onboard while the ship is docked and thought I would be able to bring her to the kids center, or whatever they call it..

If I understood your question correctly, I hope someone answers!!! Thanks for asking this!

I dont have an answer for you, but now Im confused! Is there a charge for the kids club/crew/activities? I always thought it was free (except for tipping). By "in port" do you mean when the ship is docked you have to pay (or at least is that your question?). Im leaving in 2 week. The ship Ill be on will be docked for 3 days in Bermuda. Although I wouldnt leave my child on board while Im on shore, I may plan some activities onboard while the ship is docked and thought I would be able to bring her to the kids center, or whatever they call it..

If I understood your question correctly, I hope someone answers!!! Thanks for asking this!

In the past, the kids club was free while at sea until late hours (usually 10pm). There would be an hourly charge for late night babysitting (10am to 1am), and port days. This is typical on most cruiselines. I'm not really sure how it was structured for bermuda as normally a ship would only be in port during the day and therefore the kids club would be back to normal operation in the evening once you've left the port. I've seen before in cruisinmama06's pictures of the kids club schedules from last year that for bermuda they charged during the day, roughly 9am to 6pm, but was free again in the evenings. It does sound like the current plan w/ the revamped kids program is to offer port hours for free except for meal times, but I don't know how much that has been rolled out as they are in transition now in order to honor past features of the kids programs like accepting 2 yr olds as well we the new features.

We leave next week for bermuda and will definitely find out but it sounds like the day I get back to post will be the day you leave.

Thanks

Taken directly from ncl.com ...

*Late Night Fun Zone is a fee-based, group-sitting service for children ages 3-12. Port Play is free of charge except during meal times.

A one-time registration form is required to be completed by a parent or guardian for each child age 3-17 – children/teens can then participate as frequently as they choose – please note fees apply to Port Play (during meal times only)

In the past, the kids club was free while at sea until late hours (usually 10pm). There would be an hourly charge for late night babysitting (10am to 1am), and port days. This is typical on most cruiselines. I'm not really sure how it was structured for bermuda as normally a ship would only be in port during the day and therefore the kids club would be back to normal operation in the evening once you've left the port. I've seen before in cruisinmama06's pictures of the kids club schedules from last year that for bermuda they charged during the day, roughly 9am to 6pm, but was free again in the evenings. It does sound like the current plan w/ the revamped kids program is to offer port hours for free except for meal times, but I don't know how much that has been rolled out as they are in transition now in order to honor past features of the kids programs like accepting 2 yr olds as well we the new features.

We leave next week for bermuda and will definitely find out but it sounds like the day I get back to post will be the day you leave.

Thank you for the info. Im leaving the 1st, so I will probably miss your post. Hopefully what you stated above is still the way they operate. I know there may be a comedy show or something in the evening that may be inappropriate for her ( 8yo ) and was hoping to bring her to the program for a couple of hours just to see the show. I think Ill be in bed by 10pm so late night shouldnt be an issue!!! I guess Ill find out when I get there!!

Enjoy your trip!

• 1 month later...

We used the kids club on the Epic last month.

It is free at all times, except for late night play and meal times when in port, at which times they took them to for a meal (at o'Sheehans the two times that my son went).

Incidentally, we left our son there for dinner one day so that we could have a meal at Modernos, and he enjoyed it so much that he wanted to go again the next day.

Do anyone know if parents MUST stay on ship for port day if child is on diaper (does not need diaper change for a few hours) ?

The Kids Crew staff will not do a diaper change. If you bring in a child wearing a diaper, they are going to tell you to stay on the ship and give you a pager type thing...so you can come and change the diaper. If you are not on the ship, your child will just have to deal with a dirty diaper.

I, personally, would not want to leave a young child on the ship while I was off the ship and not being able to be reached in case of a problem. Have you considered taking your child with you??

The Kids Crew staff will not do a diaper change. If you bring in a child wearing a diaper, they are going to tell you to stay on the ship and give you a pager type thing...so you can come and change the diaper. If you are not on the ship, your child will just have to deal with a dirty diaper.

I, personally, would not want to leave a young child on the ship while I was off the ship and not being able to be reached in case of a problem. Have you considered taking your child with you??

Thanks for your advice. I will bring my son to every shore excursion, except this whale watching excursion that does not take children.

Archived