Legend on a shoestring - May 6 cruise

Katoo

It was a gorgeous day, but very hot. After walking around a while, we went back on board, grabbed sandwiches and lemonade and ate a quick lunch, donned bathing suits and coverups, grabbed our snorkeling gear and took off for the taxi stands.

We grabbed a taxi and asked the guy to take us to the Money Bar. $8.00 for the trip. We did not tip him and I'll tell you why. He cursed at us, and beat the side of his car in frustration because we were not going to be a big fare for him. He would not speak to us at all, just kept cursing us. I was getting a little afraid. The Money Bar isn't far, but it's too far to walk. It is beautiful and the snorkeling from right there is free and amazing. We were actually snorkeling where some boats were bringing people to snorkel and we just swam there from the bar.

The Money Bar:

PICT0007.jpg

Before:

PICT0002.jpg

During:

PICT0003.jpg

After: (ain't this fetching?)

PICT0004.jpg

HaHaHa.......I LOVE that last photo. I wonder why the cab driver cussed and was so upset just to have to take you on the short trip to Money Bar? You would think that any cab driver driving for more than a few weeks would be used to things like that from cruise ship passengers.

Sunday. It's Mother's Day and you are kicking me off the ship? The NERVE!

To me, the very minute I leave the room for the very last time, I don't feel like I belong on the ship anymore. Sitting on the Lido, waiting for your number to get called, and you feel like you are homeless. Luggage is long gone, and your carrying just your carry-on around and wondering how it's possible that a week has flown by so fast.

As is my usual habit, as I leave the terminal I glance down at the line of people waiting to board and feel intensely envious that it is all in front of them...and behind me.

I'll post a few final thoughts and some links to some videos in a while. I need to take a break.

That's funny......I do the same thing when I'm leaving my cruises. I look at the excited people getting ready to board and think "if I had just waited ONE more week that would be me just getting ready to take me cruise." LOL

Archived