Priorities of a recently inducted Cruise Addict

chelspie

We took our first cruise as a family in March. My husband and I took our second cruise as a couple a few weeks ago. I'm still adjusting to life on the outside again.

So I'm working on my third cruise!

This will also be a family cruise. Our family includes two teenage boys, and I may have to prioritize my wants on this vacation. So far, this is my order:

1. Two rooms (we had just ONE that first time)

2. Balcony room for DH and myself

3. Seven day cruise (v. five)

I don't really want to sacrifice the longer cruise or go back to a smaller ship. I'd like to have one or two things different to look forward to, and either of the first two would fill that. I now know what it's like to cruise in together in a small space and without them in a somewhat larger one, and I want the next cruise to be just as super cool as the first two. We're also limited because we're trying to still stick to NOLA because it's within a manageable driving distance.

This will be the first summer we don't go to the beach and stay in a condo for a week! I am feeling that strongly about enjoying the cruise/food/total vacating.

Thoughts?

We are going on our third too, we have taken both of our teenage sons with us. This time, we are going on a smaller ship. My husband and I ogt our own cabin-balcony-and the kids got an inside stateroom right across the hall from us. I am pretty nervous about that.

I agree with your priorities, cabins, ship, and length. We are only doing a 5 day this time, this was sort of a last minute, but not really last minute cruise. We are sailing in Nov and we didn't want the boys to miss too much school.

We are staying a week at the beach in a condo, but we haven't done that since 2004. Mostly Disney every year with a cruise thrown in every other year.

We took our first cruise as a family in March. My husband and I took our second cruise as a couple a few weeks ago. I'm still adjusting to life on the outside again.

This will also be a family cruise. Our family includes two teenage boys, and I may have to prioritize my wants on this vacation. So far, this is my order:

I don't really want to sacrifice the longer cruise or go back to a smaller ship. I'd like to have one or two things different to look forward to, and either of the first two would fill that. I now know what it's like to cruise in together in a small space and without them in a somewhat larger one, and I want the next cruise to be just as super cool as the first two. We're also limited because we're trying to still stick to NOLA because it's within a manageable driving distance.

This will be the first summer we don't go to the beach and stay in a condo for a week! I am feeling that strongly about enjoying the cruise/food/total vacating.

Thoughts?

I would agree! The first time I sailed was a family cruise which consisted of me (single mom) and my 4 children. We sailed on the Triumph and it was all of us in one cabin - I can't recall what the category was then but it was a larger OV cabin on the SPa Deck with floor to ceiling windows. It was my first time cruising and I was to nervous to do anything other than all of us in one cabin.

My next cruise was 3 months later and that one I did solo.

On one cruise I had a balcony for my mom and myself and the 2 kids who were with us were in an inside across the hall and it was great!

Personally, I have never sailed on a cruise shorter than 7 days and I don't think I ever would - unless I was doing 2 five day cruises back to back or something.

"I" think your priorities are spot on! :D I also believe that a cruise is the best way to vacation as a family. There is something for everyone AND the adults get to have some adult time mixed in with family fun. I have yet to find anothr vacation that offers all of this

Thoughts?

You have a serious cruise addiction. The only true remedy is to book another cruise.

your plans sound great to me ! A 7 day cruise is just about right, a 5 day is a bit short.

New Orleans is an easy cruise for me too.

Archived