What's your "Perfect Cruise"?

ilovetexas

Well we haven't even been on our first cruise yet, but if I could have anything...

4 weeks sailing around Europe (especially Greece ports b/c my husband is half Greek and grew up there), while the weather is nice enough to go to the beaches, but where we could spend a full day or two at each port and really have time to explore many different ports/countries. That's all I'd really need, but if we're throwing in extras then....

I saw an eastern med. on RCCL's Explorer that was $599.00 about 3 weeks ago for a balcony. That to me was a pretty good start.

Hugh in Dallas

Okay, y'all are giving me lots of ideas so I have to change mine!

Celebrity ships, Disney cabins, Norwegian Haven perks, European river cruise itineraries, Regent "free" airfare, shore excursions, and luxury hotel, all at Carnival prices. Plus the warm chocolate melting cake. :)

I saw this line at the end of lovecruzing's Liberty review:

"So, until I can find my perfect cruise which will consist of Holland American food on a RCCL ship with Carnival everything else, I will continue to cruise on whichever line will give me the best bang for my $$."

My perfect cruise: Celebrity ships, Disney cabins, Norwegian suite perks, Princess itineraries, and Carnival everything else.

What about all of you? If you could piece together your "perfect cruise" from all the lines you've either sailed or researched, what would it be?

I have been on NCL and Celebrity once each, way back 12 years or so ago, and while both great cruises, I cant really bring comparisons into my response here. My last 5 cruises have been on Carnival. But here goes;

My perfect cruise would be;

Any cruiseline among these, Carnival, Celebrity, NCL, HAL, Princess, and especially any that I dont have to pay 200pc to sail solo. Better than sailing solo, my perfect cruise would be with my mother who is also my best friend.

I would love any cruise that took me to St Martin/Maarten, San Juan, Tortola, Angtigua, Grenada, Barbados, St Lucia, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Costa Rica and Roatan, Aruba, Curacao, and anywhere I have not been before.

I would also love any cruise that gave me at least one free DOD ( drink of the day ), one a day would suffice. Any cruise who had a happy hour between 4 and 5, or 5 and 6. Any cruise that let me tour the galley for free, even just a short tour. Any cruise who gave cooking demos and recipes for free. Yes I would be happy to reserve knowing that limited space for those. Even would pay, 20.00 or so.

I love any cruise where I have either porthole windows or a regular window, A real treat would be a balcony which I have never had.

Most of all, my perfect cruise would leave from my landlocked home town!:D, or I could drive to within two or three hours without having to make my way through NYC or like.

Ok, now Im dreaming of my next cruise, that I dont know when I will ever be able to take.:(

One where my husband wouldn't be bored. We just got back from our 1st one and I felt like I had a kid with me. I am sitting there trying to read and just relax and he is all up in my business saying what are we going to do now. I told him I was DOING what I wanted to be doing and then I heard... but I'm boooored. SIGH

One where my husband wouldn't be bored. We just got back from our 1st one and I felt like I had a kid with me. I am sitting there trying to read and just relax and he is all up in my business saying what are we going to do now. I told him I was DOING what I wanted to be doing and then I heard... but I'm boooored. SIGH

Why not let him read the daily newsletter (Fun Times for Carnival, or the equivalent for your cruise line) and pick an activity he enjoys. There's gotta be something he'd be up for, at least a hairy chest contest. Maybe he sees cruising altogether as unmasculine somehow, in which case, it's not in your power to help him enjoy it.

He was in charge of the Fun Times every day but he didn't see anything he wanted to do. At home he plays a multi-player online game and that is ALL he does when he isnt at work. He doesn't play/watch sports, drink, like to read, ect. We took a travel Scrabble game and played that a lot. On the last day I saw a bunch of guys playing Chess and I told him he should go over and ask if he could play but he wouldn't do it.

Why not let him read the daily newsletter (Fun Times for Carnival, or the equivalent for your cruise line) and pick an activity he enjoys. There's gotta be something he'd be up for, at least a hairy chest contest. Maybe he sees cruising altogether as unmasculine somehow, in which case, it's not in your power to help him enjoy it.

My favourite cruise would be one minus negative/demanding/rude guests, chair hogs(pool/theatre)and guests who want to talk politics,religion,and healthcare issues. The a fore mentioned detracts from the overall enjoyment of any cruise. Fortunately one is usually able to give such guests a wide berth(excuse the pun) and enjoy the majority of the passengers and all of the staff.

my perfect cruise would be RCCL ship size and array of activities, Grand Princess cruise director and Baked Alaska, NCL freestyle restaurants and breakfast, Carnivals staff, dining room choices and economical price.

As for ports, my ship would island hop to Grand Turk; St. Martin; St. Kitts; Tobago; Curacuo; Roaton,Honduras; Labadee, Haiti; Ocho Rios, JA and Great Stir-up Cay the best private island. A 14 day cruise with 5 days at sea, in between.

If only I had the money to build this dream cruise....

Perfect cruise would 18 days in a Garden Villa on an NCL Jewel class ship.

Throw in:

Palo's brunch from DCL.

Howling at the Moon from the EPIC

Some of Carnival's best comedians.

Mandatory port stops:

Castaway Cay and Half Moon Cay but I need them to serve me Coco Loco's in my cabana.

Grand Turk, St Lucia, Barbados, and Aruba.

Lots of sunshine with moderate temperatures, lots of moonlight and at least one night of scary wild seas.

Yep, that will do it :D

I would like a cruise with great cover bands who will play Motown and oldies music.... (way too much Country on Spirit for my tastes)....

I love the cover bands on NCL...they do Motown, classic rock, Abba always something great

Comedians every night >>> Carnival is good for that

I would like to see better scheduling....I get annoyed when the "good stuff" goes on during my late/fixed dinner seating (and NO I can NOT do early or anytime)

Archived