New to Celebrity (Eclipse) and Lots of Questions

iankh

We were on the Eclipse for the 13 day T/A last month. I am a drinker but never once did I run into anyone who had overindulged at all. I suspect it may be different on a holiday type cruise such as Christmas but our crowd consisted of very experienced, responsible cruisers. There were maybe 10 children on board and all were well supervised. I forget if you mentioned children but they can be so irritating when not supervised by their parents. We have rarely run into that problem on Celebrity but have on every other cruise line. (Carnival was over the top and as a retired principal I was barely able to keep silent.) My wife follows a gluten-free diet and was catered to exceptionally well. The maitre d' in Blu is amazing, so to in Tuscan Grille and Murano. My daughter sails with us on occasion and is a vegetarian. She has absolutely no problems whatsoever. In fact, the maitre d' will come to your table nightly with the menu for the following day, and go over it with you. If, for example, there is an appetizer you would like that is not vegetarian, he will see to it that the chef make you your own vegetarian version that is ready for you the following night. If you go on the galley tour, you will be able to see the separate kitchen prep areas for various restrictions. It is wise to seek out the maitre d' on your embarkation day to inform him as well as making sure it is noted when you book. Most passengers do not tip the maitre d', but we do generously, because we are so well treated. I always tip the first day, not the last. As for the inside cabins, I think you will be quite pleased. They are generous in size and the bathroom is the largest at sea for an inside cabin. If you are a light sleeper, they are totally dark (take a bedside LED travel clock) and often quieter. Our only complaint is not enough drawer space (compared to the M-class ships) and the cupboards over the bed are high and somewhat awkward. On a 14 day cruise no doubt you will need them. If you are tall, no issue, but we are short and had to climb up on the bed to reach inside - small point but not convenient. I am very confident you will be very happy. Have a wonderful time! Make sure you go to at least one of the Specialty restaurants, but again, inform them of your food restriction beforehand to receive the best possible service.

Archived