Pride of Aloha - Dress Code

birdcat

Hi Kids -

We are going on the POA for the June 5 sailing. The question I have is are there "formal" nights on the POA (read formal atire required)?

My fiancee and I are very willing to dress (dark suit and formal evening wear) but if this is a "casual" ship, would rather save the suitcase (and closet) space.

Thanks.

biggrin.gif

Can't speak re: POA specifically but on NCL in general:

On "formal" nights ONE dining room is designated formal. The other remains 'resort casual' - so there is no need to bring formal wear unless you want to. We did not have to dress formally on either of our 2 NCL cruises.

Same info for POA, one dining room is formal for one night, other dining rooms, buffets and individual pay dining are resort casual. No shorts or jeans in the evening. You don't need the tie or suit unless thats your thing.:)

Hi Soccer Mom -

This will be my eighth and my fiancee's fifth cruise. I cannot wait.

I don't have any excursions booked yet (I cannot for reasons I cannot explain on a public forum) but I plan of doing Waimea Canyon, Haleakala at sunrise and the "Rim of Fire" helicopter ride. We are arriving a few days early so we will do Pearl Harbor and the Polynesian Cultural Center before we board.

I am really looking forward to this cruise.

My only tip would be to have a great time - I know there are those who will naysay any cruise due to all sorts of reasons, but if you expect to have a great time and just go with the flow you can minimize that. I have yet to have a perfect cruise and have only had what you might call one bad overall cruise but I keep on coming back! There is nothing that beats a cruise in my humble opinion.

You might get some better pointers from folks who have sailed the POA if you post a question to the list with "pointers wanted" in your title.

See you on board!

I was on the POA last week and there was no formal announcement as to which dining room was reserved for formal wear, I saw people in formal and informal dress going into both dining rooms, The only restrictions that are posted are " No Shorts, T-Shirts, or Tank Tops after 5:30 PM". It appeared that most were wearing the formal dress only to have their formal portraits taken and then we were all eating together.

My husband and I were on the POA back in September. The dress code is like all other NCL ships "Casual Freestyle" I wore cropped pants every night and my husband wore khakis and a golf shirt most nights. As far as excursions go we went to Waimea Canyon, we did the IAO National Park tour, which was wonderful and its includes the acquarium and the Moana Loan Nut Factory. We did the dolphin excursion and there were NO dolphins. We had arrangements at the Luau in Lahaina but ufortunately we had to cancel it and opt for the root canal tour as I had to have an emergency root canal in Maui. Thank god for Dr. Kahadiro and also thank god there are only two dentists in Maui.

Have a blast, we did!

Archived