Vancouver Hotel w/free Shuttle

I will be cruising in September and need a pre cruise and post cruise hotel. I am not looking for a high end hotel or a rat hole, just something clean for a good night's rest. I hate spending $200 - $300 just for that and then also having cab fare to and from. Can someone local recommend a hotel that has a shuttle service. Thank you in advance.

There are no downtown Vancouver hotels that offer a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, it is about a 30/35 minute trip. A cab fare will run about $35 or you can take the Canada Line for $8.75 pp but you may end up waking up to 6 blocks to your hotel. To my knowledge only 3 hotels offer a free shuttle from hotel to Canada Place and they are:

Best Western-Downtown on Drake St.

Hampton Inn

Executive Vintage Park Hotel

However don't get to mesmerized by the free shuttle as a cab fare from most downtown hotels to Canada Place is only $10 and in some cases you may even be able to walk it.

It is very hard to find a downtown Vancouver hotel during the cruise season for much under $200 unless you bid on Priceline or use Hotwire. Out of interest, Hotwire for sometime has been showing a $135 4* hotel which usually ends up being the Sheraton at the Wall Centre, Sutton Place or the Westin Bayshore Inn.

Airport area hotels mostly all have shuttle. Take one to the hotel and back to the airport for Canada line transportation..downtown when you need to go.

See lots around airport on Hotwire in your price range. Stick with a 4 star but 3's would be fine.

I will be cruising in September and need a pre cruise and post cruise hotel. I am not looking for a high end hotel or a rat hole, just something clean for a good night's rest. I hate spending $200 - $300 just for that and then also having cab fare to and from. Can someone local recommend a hotel that has a shuttle service. Thank you in advance.

The airport is about 10 miles south of downtown, and has a collection of airport hotels; downtown (which is where the cruise terminal is) have another. There aren't any that have free shuttles to both, the airport hotels may or may not have an airport shuttle, and only a couple of downtown hotels offer a cruise shuttle. However, getting between the two is a dead simple subway ride, on a line designed to carry air travelers with luggage. Personal opinion? find something inexpensive 3 or 4 stars downtown, and just ride the subway (Skytrain $8.75/ea) or take a taxi ($35) straight from the airport.

As for easiest. Fairmont Vancouver Airport is AT the airport (located above the US airline checkins); and at the cruise terminal side, the Pan Pacific is located on top of the cruise terminal.

Archived