Horseback riding in Skagway

Ozma58

Hi All,

Has anyone done this excursion and would you recommend it?

Thanks so much, everyone is always so helpful!

Pam:)

Pam,

We did an independent horseback riding tour in the Yukon when were were in Skagway. We had a fabulous time, but understand that the place we used is no longer in business:(. Hopefully you'll have as good a time as we did!

L.J.

It was 10 yrs ago but we did a trail ride from just outside Skagway to Dyea and back - can't remember the name of the company but the tour was booked through NCL. I had a horse named Moose - I was told to keep him reined in and not to let him graze along the trail - I remember that he kept his head in the grass all the time - it was all I could do to keep him moving :D

My sister and I did this excursion last summer and had a great time. We did not see much wildlife, but i think that is because their were children on the tour that were noisy and yelling to each other and their parents most of the ride. We still had a really good time. We were on the horses for about three and a half hours. It was a pretty ride and the guide told some great stories. They stopped by a stream and the guides used our cameras to take pictures of us on the horse.

Archived