1A Eclipse Questions

LynnMW3

We're booked in 6215, 1A on Eclipse. Can anyone tell me if (1) there is an obstructed view or smoke issues (being port-side)...I looked at the sticky at the top of the boards and it doesn't say anything about lifeboats obstructing the view; and (2) do they have regular blow dryers for your hair, or the 1960's style dryers? (Last cruise we were CC, and had the regular dryers, but it was an M-class ship)...

Thanks everyone!

Lynn

We're booked in 6215, 1A on Eclipse. Can anyone tell me if (1) there is an obstructed view or smoke issues (being port-side)...I looked at the sticky at the top of the boards and it doesn't say anything about lifeboats obstructing the view; and (2) do they have regular blow dryers for your hair, or the 1960's style dryers? (Last cruise we were CC, and had the regular dryers, but it was an M-class ship)...

Thanks everyone!

Lynn

We had a port side 1A cabin on Eclipse in January. It was on deck 7 on the hump so I can't answer your question. Go to the Sticky at the top of this Forum on Solstice cabins and search the thread for your cabin number. You should find a review of your exact cabin or one very near it that will answer your questions. The sticky covers all of the S-Class cabins and should be able to help you.

I recall that the was a regular hair blower in the vanity desk drawer but I didn't use it as I always bring my own since the wattage is usually not as powerful as I like.

One of the authorized smoking area is the port side promenade deck. It is possible that smoke could be detected on your balcony. The extent of it could depend on the ship's speed, the wind direction, and perhaps other factors.For this reason, we always try to choose a balcony cabin on the starboard side.

I checked the sticky at the top of the boards before I booked this stateroom. There was nothing negative about the room on that thread, so I booked it...it was only afterwards that I read on different posts about the smoking/potentially obstructed view issues.

The hair dryer question was just a general question since we'll not be in CC this time around.

Thanks again!

Archived