Valor Room Selection

JessToni

Hi!

I am thinking about booking a cruise on the Valor this July. I want to book a room with a balcony and was wondering what deck and area of the boat people recommend. I have never had a balcony room on Carnival so I am not familiar with the best areas.

Thanks in advance!!

Jess

I booked a balcony on the Conquest (same layout). My cabin was 6315. Terrific location! Centrally located. Easy to get to the main lounge. Absolutely no noise from the elevators or the floors above or below.

Another good cabin is 6339. A friend had booked that cabin. She has booked it again for their trip in July.

We make sure we book all our rooms betweens floors and by the elevators.

Reasons because the noise from the upper decks (disco, show room, etc)

Make sure you are not below the pool. Some people say your not in your room alot but with a balcony you really can enjoy your room plus every room we have booked on every cruise we have been on has been great--really look at the layout--make sure about the obstructions if any (life boats).

If you ask questions you can book a great room on a great floor. That is why sometimes when they want to give you an upgrade--it is not that great because it is on an upper floor below the disco etc.......

We always go with Deck 7 and the aft area. Deck 7 is usually between two decks of nothing but cabins so you get no noise from public areas. always check the ship layout though because some classes might have a different setup. The aft area is also usually very quiet because it is the back of the ship, so the only people you find back there are people who actually have cabins. Not once have we encountered people running up and down the hall in the aft area. We are booked for the Valor April 2006 and we chose 7434 which is Category 8 but the balcony is bigger than a normal balcony cabin. We had that same cabin on the Destiny--although the cabin # was 7316. Love it!!!

Toni

We booked a balcony cabin below a low traffic little wine bar/stand (the TA agreed that it would be a nice location). It is near elevators, but not so close as to be busy and noisy. I sit with deck plans in hand when I book a room.

Thank you all for your advice! I have another question regarding the balconies on Valor. The only balcony room I stayed in was on Royal Caribbean and it had a sliding glass door out to the balcony. In the stateroom pictures on carnival it looks like there is a window and then a door out to the balcony...is this accurate?

Thanks,

Jess

From what I understand, the balcony doors open like a regular door (versus sliding). That's why so many people recommend bringing a bungee cord- to keep the heavy door open.

Archived