Balcony Cabin for Three

NeepierRoad

Does anyone know the bed situation for three people in a balcony cabin on Diamond/Sapphire or Coral/Island? Is it a sofa bed or an upper berth? If it's a sofabed, how terrible is it? How does a mini-suite differ from a three person balcony (bedwise)?

Thanks for your help!

Carol

Mini-suites (in addition to full suites) have pull out sofas for 3rd and 4th passengers. Balcony cabins are not mini-suites, just cabins with balconies (of course the suites also have balconies, but that is not the official designation of the room). I suggest you go to the Princess website, choose the ships you mentioned and go to deck plans. Each category of room gives you the option on the deck plan to see a floor plan and some limited photos of the room. Bon Voyage

Since I will be the one, more than likely, who will be sleeping in the "third" bed, I am trying to avoid having it be a sofabed. I have been to the website and looked at the floor plans but the pictures aren't specific when it comes to having an additional person in a two person room.

Carol

I have seen pictures on these threads showing the drop down bed. The cabin next to us on the Sapphire had these beds. They let us see them. Looked comfortable enough. Don't know if there is a max on weight though.

If it's a balcony room (and the layout on the princess website has no sofa in the room), then it should be a bed that comes down from the ceiling. I think you have to be in a minisuite and up to have a sofabed for the 3rd.

As said, IF it is a balcony only stateroom, there will be no sofa in the room. You will have two twins that can make into a queen if pushed together and a drop down bunk style bed/beds for the third/forth persons.

Balcony rooms on Princess do not include a sitting area that has a sofa or love seat, you would have to go up to at least a mini suite to find those.

Exceptions are ships like the Tahitian which were not built for Princess, they do have a love seat/small sofa and a very small sitting area in the balcony rooms.

Thanks IrishJayne! (LOL)

The only balcony room I've been in is on the Mariner of the Seas which had a regular sofa (no bed). Hmm, not that it changes anything but it was nice to have the extra sitting area.

Well, back to the room diagrams! (But isn't that half the fun of planning a cruise!?!?)

Carol

Archived