Internet Access on the Zuiderdam

showdog

Is there Internet Access on the Zuiderdam? Do they have an internet cafe and if so about how much is it?

I've heard that there might be a wireless connection where you can bring your laptop with you. Is there a charge for that and is this true? What would I need to bring for this?

Thank you

"http://www.hollandamerica.com/onboard/internet.do

"

Internet Center

As you cruise one part of the world, the rest of the world is never far away. Connect with everyone back home via the Internet. Stay in touch with loved ones, do business, check stock quotes or share vacation experiences in real time.

Each ship's Internet Center offers computers with Internet access and printers. In addition, 802.11b wireless "hot spots" are available on all ships for guests traveling with personal laptop computers with wireless capability. Guests may also rent wireless-equipped laptops onboard.

Vista-Class ships - including ms Oosterdam, ms Westerdam and ms Zuiderdam - access the Internet directly from guest rooms using the dial-up connector on personal laptop computers".

thank you again. I should have clicked on the link that you gave me before :confused:

I guess it was late when I responded and I was almost asleep. I see what you're talking about now.

Thanks;)

I think it's kind of expensive too. I just like to check in on the dogs and that will only take a couple of minutes.

Since you're on here and I know you're going scuba diving.. did you hear about the sea lice in HMC? Do you think the scuba will be canceled there? That would be bad.

i dunno... but i kind of doubt it. i've dived in everything from sea lice to full-blown jellies and haven't had too much problem - but, then again, i usually wear at least a skin and sometimes a shortie on top of that.

also, conditions can change pretty quickly - hmc might have 'em this week and they be no big deal when i dive there three weeks from tomorrow. will just play it by ear... and kind of like with my internet-access reply, if they cancel the diving i can always find something else to do there (esp since i'll be diving the other three ports too).

sorry - not intended to be a thread hijack - just answering the question posed. i take it your dogs are kennelled (or kept) someplace where webcam view of them are available? that's kewel - my kennel isn't quite so high-tech, so i just have to hope my two four-legged children will be okay until i return.

My dogs are going to agility camp. They are Obedience and Agility Show dogs. There isn't a web cam, the lady just emails us and lets us know how they are doing.

Are you not wearing a 3mm wet suit? My husband was trying to decide between taking his 3mm and a .5 and a 1.5 and 1.0 combination. I think the water will be about 75.

Someone that posted on here said that at HMC they wouldn't let them go in the water at all because of the sea lice the entire day.

ah, hence the screen name! ;) my two are good boys... but "obedient" definitely isn't in their vocabulary! lol both are snoozing at my feet as i'm typing this...

unless it's height of winter I usually bring a dive skin and a 3mm shortie - then decide right before i get wet whether to wear either or both. i tend to be warm-natured, and unless i'm drift diving would be fine in only a skin at 75. talk of sea lice makes me all the more likely to at least wear a skin since it provides better protection as well.

honestly, if it was bad enough to close the water then i doubt i'd even want to have a go at it - but those swarms do change from day-to-day, even moreso week-to-week, so i'm not really sweating it unless i hear similar reports the day we set sail. in my limited experience with those critters the challenge is entry and getting down - they usually float no deeper than 4'-5', and when you return to the boat you can blow bubbles to the surface that make them spread enough to give you clear passage to the ladder and back aboard. but, for that same reason, no way would i opt to go snorkeling if they're everywhere and anywhere.

as i say, we'll see...

Unless you bought a "package" internet on the Zui was about $.75 per minute. That's to pricey for me. I would wait until we were in a port and then would go to a internet cafe. Nearly all ports advertise internet access within a couple of blocks from your ship. Just keep your eye's open.

In tortola an Nassau I paid about $5.00 for 30 minutes of time ( more if you print items).

Internet on any cruise ship is usually quite expensive.

Archived