Brilliance of the Seas 2nd June 2012 Norway fjords cancelled now we go to Denmark!!

We cancelled our 2nd June cruise to Norway based on the information given at 4.50 p.m. on Friday, 1st June that the itinerary had been changed to Germany and Denmark. Am I to believe the cruise has now reverted to it's original itinerary in Norway? If so I will not be a happy bunny.

Since you have received the future credit or something, can you use it to buy back the cruise at the same price? Royal Caribbean should let you do that.

Either way, what a mess for everyone involved.

We cancelled our 2nd June cruise to Norway based on the information given at 4.50 p.m. on Friday, 1st June that the itinerary had been changed to Germany and Denmark. Am I to believe the cruise has now reverted to it's original itinerary in Norway? If so I will not be a happy bunny.

Well, I guess you will have to reconcile yourself to being an "unhappy" bunny. Really, what did you expect RCI to do when the strike was settled? Keep to the new and apparently less attractive itinerary that they had to scramble to arrange, just to please those who cancelled the cruise? or Return to the original itinerary and please all of those people who didn't cancel and could now get the cruise they originally purchased. If you were in their position would you really have done any differently?

We all make decisions that have consequences attached and we have to live with those consequences. At least you received some compensation for your last minute decision to cancel your cruise. Perhaps that compensation can go a ways towards making you a less unhappy bunny. In the future consider the old adage: "Act in haste, repent at leisure".

Just to clarify...

1 The cruise sailed yesterday so there is no re-booking for those that cancelled.

2 Anyone that cancelled did not get compensation - they got a refund of the price they paid in the form of a Future Cruise Credit.

Just to clarify...

1 The cruise sailed yesterday so there is no re-booking for those that cancelled.

2 Anyone that cancelled did not get compensation - they got a refund of the price they paid in the form of a Future Cruise Credit.

I didn't realize the ship had already departed. What a bummer.

Of course it is not Royal Caribbean's fault, but it's certainly not any guest's fault either. I don't blame anyone being upset at the situation.

I didn't realize the ship had already departed. What a bummer.

Of course it is not Royal Caribbean's fault, but it's certainly not any guest's fault either. I don't blame anyone being upset at the situation.

All this happened the afternoon before sailing. Very difficult for everyone concerned. Including RCI! I do feel incredibly sad for those that did cancel - it was a flip of the coin really and the decision had to be made quickly. For some, the coin landed on the wrong side! :(

Well, I guess you will have to reconcile yourself to being an "unhappy" bunny. Really, what did you expect RCI to do when the strike was settled? Keep to the new and apparently less attractive itinerary that they had to scramble to arrange, just to please those who cancelled the cruise? or Return to the original itinerary and please all of those people who didn't cancel and could now get the cruise they originally purchased. If you were in their position would you really have done any differently?

We all make decisions that have consequences attached and we have to live with those consequences. At least you received some compensation for your last minute decision to cancel your cruise. Perhaps that compensation can go a ways towards making you a less unhappy bunny. In the future consider the old adage: "Act in haste, repent at leisure".

Just to clarify we in no way blame RCI for having to change the itinerary which we were told would stand and not revert back to the original cruise should circumstances change, so perhaps there could be some criticism about the way the information was communicated to us. We certainly would not expect RCI not to revert to the original cruise when circumstances changed, and am pleased that those people who travelled have the holiday they, and we, had originally booked.

As regards compensation we will simply recieve the money back we had paid in the form of credit vouchers. (please note - no compensation)

Addressing the old adage 'Act in haste, repent at leisure' we were given ten minutes in which make a decision, and as we had already visited two out of the three ports, very reluctantly decided to cancel. Having looked forward to the Norwegian fjords for the last few weeks, and being all packed up ready to go, we did not take this decision lightly, and for your information we are devastated at missing out on this holiday.

Archived