Size of Luggage

Aussie Teen

We are cruising on the Amacello and Amadagio in August with APT. We need new luggage and I was wondering if there are any size limits on suitcase dimensions. We are flying with Emirates and the baggage allowance is 30kg so I thought A larger sized case would be good for all my shopping! Will it fit in the cabin or are cases stored elsewhere while you are cruising? I was also wondering whether I should get one of the newer "hard" ones or not? Any advice?

I was on AMLegro last fall and had taken my new lightweight, hard sided luggage, 30 in. and 21 inc. Had no issues with weight but the larger one would not quite fit under the bed on the ship. It was just a bit too high and I did not want to cram in down. It did however, fit perfectly in the closet (or the room steward would have taken it and stored it). Lots of storage on AMA. We are generally allowed one checked bag free on oversees flights 44-50 lbs. While that new lightweight luggage with 4 wheels is great on tiled/terazzo floors, it is difficult to move over carpet which some airports have and also more tricky on bumpy pavement. This year I am going back to my soft sided with only 2 wheels.

Archived