Carnival Breeze Christening

RYPERO

I have been looking for information about the Breeze's Christening and Godmother and I can't find either. Has it been Christened yet? Do they have a Godmother yet?

Thanks

i actually saw some pictures of an italian godmother and some sort of celebration of a christining of the ship but it was very low key. i think it's superstition that it sail with a naming ceremony, but the big celebration will be when it gets to miami with "our" godmother, who hasn't been named yet. i wish i could remember where i saw the pictures...possibly john heald's facebook or even carnival's facebook. if i come across it, i will repost and let you know.

i actually saw some pictures of an italian godmother and some sort of celebration of a christining of the ship but it was very low key. i think it's superstition that it sail with a naming ceremony, but the big celebration will be when it gets to miami with "our" godmother, who hasn't been named yet. i wish i could remember where i saw the pictures...possibly john heald's facebook or even carnival's facebook. if i come across it, i will repost and let you know.

it's also superstitious to rename a ship, but they are doing it anyway, and passing it off as "new".

The ship is christened when it floats out and is a low key event at the ship yard.

The naming ceremony will take place in Miami, as previously mentioned. I imagine there will be a lot of nervous Italian staff on the crossing who would prefer to have the naming ceremony before the crossing.

The ship is christened when it floats out and is a low key event at the ship yard.

The naming ceremony will take place in Miami, as previously mentioned. I imagine there will be a lot of nervous Italian staff on the crossing who would prefer to have the naming ceremony before the crossing.

And let us have a moment of silence for all those Italian sailors and ships which never made it across the Adriatic or Tyrrhenian even after their ships godmother WAS named.

Archived