Icy Straight Point

cruisingrus

Has anyone used Icy Straight Whale Adventures or Hoonah Travel Adventures to go whale watching in this port. Both companies take a maximum of 6 people. I don't want to do a ship's tour as there are too many people on the tour to really enjoy. Thanks for any input.

I second the vote for Misty Bay Lodge! Went with Capt. Dan last August and we had a whale of a day;)! Numerous instances of breaching and bubblenet feeding - believe me, I know how fortunate we were! Highly recommend Dan and Hope of MBL. Sorry, I have never heard of the company you mentioned, so can't help you there.

We have just come back and booked with FISHES. Fantastic trip and Floyd took us right next to this enormous whale. We saw lots of them and heard them singing to each other. He also took us to see some Eagles and right up to the shore line where we saw a bear. Got some amazing photos/

The most amazing trip and one we would thoroughly recommend.

Despite somebody saying that he does not wait for stragglers, he went out of his way to ensure everyone of his party was on board before he left.

Wonderful knowledge and sense of humour and again another small boat with a maximum of 6 passengers.

Archived