where to stay in Charleston SC

lyneee

Hi,

I just booked my first cruise. I picked the NCL Majesty because of cost and port location. I'm traveling with my hubby and 13 & 15 yr old boys. The cruise isn't until April 2006 so I still have time to book a hotel room. I'm not at all familiar with Charleston SC and would love some hotel/motel ideas on (reasonably priced) places to stay the night before my cruise.

thanks,

Lyneee

We once stayed at the Andrew Pinckney Inn, which was in the center of all the tourist action like the market hall. It was so close to the port we could see our ship when breakfasting on the top floor. Also, once you parked, there was no need for a car because everything was within walking distance. And the rate was good.

Anyway, Charleston is such a magnificent city it's hard to miss as long as you avoid the Howard Johnson, which once used to be a good, scenically located hotel but now is a dump.

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites on Markket Street which is nice and within walking distance of the historic areas. Next to it is a newly renovated Hampton Inn, which is across the street from the visitors center.

We've also stayed at a Best Western very close to the market. This is an older hotel, which is very convenient to the downtown area, but I found it to be very noisy.

Hi a friend of mine and I just returned from Charleston,SC last week end.

The hotel clerk told us that April was the busiest month ofthe year. That is why the rates are so high. If you can book something early do so as they sell fast for the month of April. We stayed in Mt Pleasant across the Ahley river but we were there to sight see and shop/.

If possible stay down the the historical district so you and walk to everything. Are you going to have car if so you can stay in Mt Pleaseant for about 150 night.

Janie

Embassy suites is a very nice hotel, but still a good distance from the marketplace area in downtown Charleston. I have had good experiences with the Best western King Charles Inn and the Doubletree Suites in downtown Charleston and they are close enough to walk to the marketplace. We stayed at Embassy Suites once and found it too far to walk! :)

Archived