Our 2nd AWESOME cave tubing trip with Reggie's Cave Tubing

VaCruzers

We had our 2nd trip on Wed, 6/16. Reggie was on vacation, but his son, Jahmai was our guide. We previously went with Reggie last November. On that trip it was just my husband, myself & Reggie.

Last week, there were 6 on the trip including hubby, myself, our two sons & one other couple from our ship. Reggie was on vacation, but his son, Jahmai, was our guide. We found the two experiences to be consistent with each other and completely met our expectations.

We were met at the pier by Jahmai & drove for about an hour in an air conditioned van to the river. We were given life jackets, but could buckle them to our tube if we didn't want to wear. Jahmai does walk a bit more leisurely than Reggie did (which I appreciated), but both pointed out vegetation along the way. We walked thru 1 cave and tubed thru the other then had some time on the open river. Jahmai, my son, & the other man with us swung from a vine and dropped into the river. It was a Tarzan moment!

One difference I noted was that the current of the river was much less in June than it had been in November. Of course, no tubing company has any control over that, but it was a more pleasant float in June. I could barely stand up in November due to the strong current.

We stopped for an excellent Belizian lunch with Belikin beer at Amigos & were delivered to the pier with plenty of time to spare prior to the last tender. I think it was an hour & a half or so..

Jahmai had me speak with Reggie by phone to verify he was treating us well & I was able to validate with complete honesty.

While I imagine other independent companies might be able to offer an experience similar to Reggie's, Reggie can offer a much better and much more reasonably priced experience than the trip booked thru the ship. The ship's groups were huge, the guides weren't able to tell who was with their group since there were so many, & it appeared to be more of a "herd". The six of us linked into a "train" so we were together & we could all hear Jahmai's instructions as well as see what he was pointing out.

I can't think of any reason to not go with Reggie's so I am again recommending his company. His website is [url="http://www.regtours.com"]www.regtours.com[/url] and there is a link to contact him there. Enjoy this wonderful experience while visiting Belize.

I'll try to answer any questions if anyone has any.

Debbie

We just got back from our cruise and did the cave tubing with Reggie's son, Jamai & Timmy. I can't say enough good things about the two of them. There were seven of us and two of them. Our ages were 65, 63, 42, 40, 12, 10, and 8. On the way down to the river, they gave us some Belize history and little facts about the area in an air conditioned van. Once we arrived at the river, they took such wonderful care of us. They even carried my 8 year olds tube and had one guide in front and one in back. In fact, once we were in the river, they never let go of my 8 year old's tube. I never did worry about her safety on the tour. The whole time on the river they were so careful as to make sure we were all together and continued to give us tidbits of information the whole time. The other groups would just watch us and listen to what our tour guides had to say. I'm not sure where their guide was. They took care of us at every little turn and told us at every spot we needed to lift our bottoms! In fact, there were many times I saw our guides helping other tubers with different groups letting them know which direction to go and when to avoid rocks.

I have to admit I was a little reluctant to book with a tour I had only heard about on the internet. However, from the very beginning of the booking process, Reggie was nothing but professional and I would highly recommend them to anyone traveling to Belize. The tour was so very personalized to our needs and we also enjoyed visiting with both Timmy and Jamai (sp?). This was the highlight of our cruise!!!

I have read alot of reviews on the web and I have decided to use Regtour.com based on several reviews. It sounds like this company gives you more personal service than some of the other company's. How many caves did you tour? I am going in October and hoping that there won't be alot of ships docked that day...I can only hope.
thanks.
Linda

I don't think you'll be disappointed with Reggie. We walked thru 1 cave & tubed thru another, but it was very long. There will be no other ships docked that day - there is no pier in Belize. Your ship will be at anchor & you will have to tender in. Carnival has a pier under construction, but I do not believe it will be completed prior to October. Have a great trip!

Our last trip was $55 pp because he was running a special if you booked at least 4 people. I think the regular price is $65 pp. Check his website at regtour.com & you'll see his rates. Also, we stopped at Amigos for lunch (which I do recommend because the food is good & you'll be hungry). Lunch is $6, I think, with soda & $7 w/a beer. You can have an additional beer for an additional $1. (The first one went down so fast while waiting for the food). Lunch is a stewed chicken w/ rice & beans cooked in coconut milk, cole slaw & plantains (if they can get them). It is a traditional Belizian meal. If you book with Reggie, tell him Debbie referred you. I don't get anything, but I promised to spread the work & I'd like him to know I am telling others about his tour.

Archived