Info for those doing Saint Johns/Halifax by foot

Some of the information I've found on the websites for both Halifax and Saint Johns is outdated. So I emailed their chambers of commerce for information.

Halifax's free hop on/hop off bus called FRED is no longer running. However, the city is still very walkable if you are in good shape - 9 blocks uphill to Citadel. Shops and musuems much closer.

Saint Johns has a boardwalk called Harbour Passage that leads from the cruise terminal to Reversing Falls. Due to construction it may or may not be open when you arrive. Below is the email I received from Saint Johns

Hello,

Unfortunately this question is a difficult one to answer, let me explain why. Harbour Passage is open as of today it is open, they were supposed to close it at the end of April, to start working on the Harbour Bridge (over top of part of the Passage). The company doing the work ran into some financial problems and they are waiting for a court order to tell them to go back to work, as you can tell it has already been a month of no construction on the bridge, so who knows how long it will take for them to start the work. The answer to your question is for now it is open. It would take you approximately 30-45 minutes to walk to the Reversing Falls. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Thanks,

Caleb Gaudet

Discover Saint John

VIC Seasonal Staff

(506) 658-2940

1-866-GOFUNDY

Some of the information I've found on the websites for both Halifax and Saint Johns is outdated. So I emailed their chambers of commerce for information.

Halifax's free hop on/hop off bus called FRED is no longer running. However, the city is still very walkable if you are in good shape - 9 blocks uphill to Citadel. Shops and musuems much closer.

Saint Johns has a boardwalk called Harbour Passage that leads from the cruise terminal to Reversing Falls. Due to construction it may or may not be open when you arrive. Below is the email I received from Saint Johns

Hello,

Unfortunately this question is a difficult one to answer, let me explain why. Harbour Passage is open as of today it is open, they were supposed to close it at the end of April, to start working on the Harbour Bridge (over top of part of the Passage). The company doing the work ran into some financial problems and they are waiting for a court order to tell them to go back to work, as you can tell it has already been a month of no construction on the bridge, so who knows how long it will take for them to start the work. The answer to your question is for now it is open. It would take you approximately 30-45 minutes to walk to the Reversing Falls. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Thanks,

Caleb Gaudet

Discover Saint John

VIC Seasonal Staff

(506) 658-2940

1-866-GOFUNDY

Saint John has no s on the end. If you google St. John's you will get information about a city in Newfoundland. Saint John is in New Brunswick.

Archived