Alcohol Policy - first time O sailing next week!

Smbruner

I know others have stated before that we would be allowed to bring on alcohol to consume in our stateroom - beer, wine, vodka. But, I just saw this in the current brochure! What has been your experience?

Alcohol Policy

The sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages will be limited to guests aged

21 years or older. Oceania Cruises will refuse, and prohibits the sale or service of

alcoholic beverages to guests under the age of 21 years. Guests are kindly reminded

to consume alcohol in moderation. Oceania Cruises reserves the right to prohibit and

retain all alcohol bought ashore for consumption onboard the vessel.

I know others have stated before that we would be allowed to bring on alcohol to consume in our stateroom - beer, wine, vodka. But, I just saw this in the current brochure! What has been your experience?

Alcohol Policy

The sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages will be limited to guests aged

21 years or older. Oceania Cruises will refuse, and prohibits the sale or service of

alcoholic beverages to guests under the age of 21 years. Guests are kindly reminded

to consume alcohol in moderation. Oceania Cruises reserves the right to prohibit and

retain all alcohol bought ashore for consumption onboard the vessel.

Relax. These words are all of 5/8 of an inch of print compared to 5 1/2 inches in Royal Caribbean. It is merely protecting Oceania and granting them in print the right to refuse guests to carry alcohol onboard in quanities beyond reason or social grace for consumption in stateroom. Let us hope it is never abused:cool:

No problems. We took wine on board with us both Oceania cruises which we consumed in our own cabin. They even brought us the glasses and they had a cork screw for you to use to open your bottles as well. As long as you do not abuse, i.e. become drunk and obnoxious, they have no problems with what you bring aboard. Since there are so few passengers less than 21, I don't know the answer to that one.

I agree, no problem at all. We take a bottle from duty free and drink on our balcony a few times during the cruise. All you need to do is ring for room service and ask for the cheese plate to go with it. It's a great way to relax in the comfort of your own stateroom after a busy day in port. Cheers!

Thanks for the advice - I'd probably bring on one bottle of vodka for most of the cruise, and maybe wine occasionally - my husband may bring on a 6 pack of beer every now and then.

Do you think that would be okay? We wouldn't do it all at once!

Would they give me orange juice for my Vodka? Or do I need to store it from breakfast service? We're in a PH suite.

On my recent cruise...

The staff are very relaxed about this.

As a matter of fact in many ports you don't even go through a security check - so they don't know what you are brining on board.

But even when they did check your bags they never said a word to those brining wine, booze, etc on board.

Thanks for the advice - I'd probably bring on one bottle of vodka for most of the cruise, and maybe wine occasionally - my husband may bring on a 6 pack of beer every now and then.

Do you think that would be okay? We wouldn't do it all at once!

Would they give me orange juice for my Vodka? Or do I need to store it from breakfast service? We're in a PH suite.

When you meet your butler request that he stock the fridge with OJ;)

We brought on three bottles of wine from a wine tasting tour, no problem at all.

The alcohol policy is very liberal BUT they do put your carry on bags through the Xray machine when you return from port (we just came back from a 16 night cruise and our bags were Xrayed each time we returned to the ship). They are not looking for alcohol.

Archived