The Sensational Sensation! Our Idyllic Cruise: 4-23-2005 (LOOOONG!)

Another Mississippi girl here! :)

I read your review and I absolutely CANNOT wait! We leave on the 21st...11 more days~!

:D

Waaaaah......jealous here! But I enjoy the anticipation as much as the cruise I think...soooo, I shouldn't wish away my fun anticipation time, should I. Y'all have a blast!

Hey LuvLeLe 10, I see you are a Brandon, Mississippi girl, I live in Crystal Springs,we are not far apart at all. I hope you have a great cruise! Please post a review for it when you get back in, let me know how the weather is as opposed to our humidity etc.... ;) Anything you care to share at all with me, I would love to hear!

We took our first cruise last June for our 20th anniversary and we loved it!!! Now I'm hooked!!! I'm also a southerner, born in Texas and raised everywhere especially down south!!! Mississippi and Florida the longest!!! But now back to the cruise, all our excursions where great and the ship was wonderful!!!! The shows were the best and I would tell everyone to try to go to as many as possible!!! Take care and have a wonderful cruise!!!!:)

Hey LuvLeLe 10, I see you are a Brandon, Mississippi girl, I live in Crystal Springs,we are not far apart at all. I hope you have a great cruise! Please post a review for it when you get back in, let me know how the weather is as opposed to our humidity etc.... ;) Anything you care to share at all with me, I would love to hear!

Well! We have quite a little triangle here.....I'm in Madison, MS...small world, huh?

Yes, it really is a small world! My husband works in Flowood, so neither of you are that far away from me. I see you are going on this cruise one week after we are getting back in. I will also be sure to "fill you in" on all the details. We are so excited about getting to go and have some "alone" time after all of these years. I am almost over the guilt of leaving the kids behind (almost) haha. :)

<<We are so excited about getting to go and have some "alone" time after all of these years. I am almost over the guilt of leaving the kids behind (almost) haha.>>

LOL....remember those days. We are taking our 24 yr. old daughter....no alone time for us I'm afraid....especially, since we have the balcony stateroom and she has the cat. 1A room....LOL!

Thank you so much for that review. We are leaving on Sensation from New Orleans on May 16th. I can hardly wait until my feet are playing in the sand and I am wading in the ocean.

We are not going to Costa Maya though, we are going to Calica. I dont know why they changed it. We have our excursions booked at Playa Mia Beach and Cozumel beach break. I hope they will be as beautiful as your pictures.

Thanks again for the review and the pictures!!!

We are not going to Costa Maya though, we are going to Calica. I dont know why they changed it. We have our excursions booked at Playa Mia Beach and Cozumel beach break.

Gosh, I hope they don't change our port to Calica....not that it would be a bad port. Just have been excited and planning for Costa Maya ever since January. We were looking forward to seeing the little rustic town of Majahual. Guess I had better read up on Calica also just in case they change ours. Guess maybe they would have let us know when they wrote to notify us of the change in the arrival time at Costa Maya.

I think their dates actually alternate between Costa Maya and Calica so if you chose a date that states that they are going to Costa Maya then it shouldn't change.

Okey Doke, Phin....thanks for the info.

Yes, the Sensation alternates between Calica and Costa Maya. Both, I think would make great stops. Hey JudyKa, we have a balcony room as well, we are going with the cat 11 Verandah balcony. I wished we would have went with the cat 12 with the big tub, but the only way I could get hubby on the cruise was to get a room up high! LOL :D I think he has watched Titanic one too many times, he said he wanted to be able to jump off the balcony into a lifeboat! hahaha :) I will be missing my little ones, but they can come along next time.

Hey y'all! Another Mississippian here in Brandon/Reservoir area! We are leaving on July 2 so y'all be sure to post your reviews so I can get even more excited and be motivated to actually make a list and start buying things!:D

The pools & hot tubs are empty the first night, they fill them the next day at sea. The last night they drained them at 4 pm. TAKE Bonine or Dramine! Dress for the dining room, the buffet is pittyful. For over 2k people on the ship, there were plenty of empty spaces everywhere. Was a nice cruise, have a safe trip

[font=Book Antiqua][size=4][color=darkslateblue]Cajungal~[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Book Antiqua][size=4][color=darkslateblue]We will definitely have to look for each other. ;) I got my documents/tickets in the mail today......can't wait. I have booked V14 and now it seems real. I read some not so great posts about the cat 11 balconies on another cruise review site, but then I saw some pictures of a room (I think it was V10) and the balcony and thought, that is fine, we are gonna have a blast! What is the Skipper's Club exactly :confused: , it says that on my tickets. I know I read somewhere on Carnival's website that it was special boarding privileges or something, but I was not sure exactly what it was. Has your daughter gotten back from her cruise yet? How did they like it?[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='CherieB']TAKE Bonine or Dramine! Dress for the dining room, the buffet is pittyful. [/QUOTE]

[font=Book Antiqua][size=4][color=darkslateblue]Thanks for the tips. What was it about the buffet that you did not like? My husband is nervous about sitting at a dining room table with 6 strangers...haha;) I am taking Dramamine and some Sea bands and Ginger root capsules (no harm in being prepared). I hope that I do not have to take any of them, as Dramamine makes me sleepy.:( [/color][/size][/font]

<<What is the Skipper's Club exactly , it says that on my tickets. I know I read somewhere on Carnival's website that it was special boarding privileges or something, but I was not sure exactly what it was.>>

I think you are supposed to be able to get on the ship with a little less hassle is all. You are supposed to go to a little room or special desk to get checked in; BUT I can't find anyone on this board that knows specifically where and what is supposed to be the Skippers Club check-in area at the New Orleans Port????? Anyone out there know the specifics about the Skippers Club for this port?

[QUOTE=JudyKa You are supposed to go to a little room or special desk to get checked in; BUT I can't find anyone on this board that knows specifically where and what is supposed to be the Skippers Club check-in area at the New Orleans Port????? Anyone out there know the specifics about the Skippers Club for this port?[/QUOTE]

[font=Book Antiqua][size=4][color=darkslateblue]Yes, please! Anyone who can tell us something about this, please fill us in. :) [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=teal]Yes, Rodeomom, the Skipper's Club is priority boarding. But I, like you, would like to know where it is in New Orleans. Maybe we should go the the Ports of Call board for New Orleans and ask this question. I'm booked in V26 ??? I think. I'll have to go back and check my tickets. That should make us pretty close to each other. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=teal]Is there anyone else out there that can clue us in on the Cat. 11 balcony rooms on the Sensation?[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Book Antiqua][size=4][color=darkslateblue]I just got this off of another thread:[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Book Antiqua][size=4][color=darkslateblue]In New Orleans,It's a small room inside the main building. When you enter the main door at the terminal you will see a door across the room directly in front of you. Going through that door you will see on your right a sign for the Skipper's Club near the carry-on scanners.It only took us about 30 minutes to process without priority boarding.[/color][/size][/font]

Just yesterday, it seems so long ago now after a day at work, I ate breakfast on the Sensation before sadly having to leave! My wife and I went on the 5 night cruise to Costa Moya and Cozumel. It was the most AWSOME trip we have taken. The Sensation was fantastic. The crew is awsome, friendly and helpful. We both hated to leave. We would definitely do it again.
BTW-The Skippers Club is located past the que on your right when you enter the building at the port. Someone will direct you to the room and it is well marked. Embarkation and debarkation in New Orleans were simple and fast. Have a great trip! The Sensation is a wonderful ship and your trip will be what you make it!

[font=Book Antiqua][size=4][color=darkslateblue]Thanks for sharing and I am glad that you had a great time. What a shock to have to come home and go back to work :eek: , not fun! Did you notice any ruff seas this time of the year? I am hoping my sailing (in 3 weeks) will beat hurricane season (starts in June) and ruff sailing. Did you guys do any great excursions or anything?[/color][/size][/font]

We had a balcony on the Sensation the week of 4/23. We loved it and was well satisfied. We were in cabin V15. Just to walk out onto the balcony was something to behold. Yes, you are just above the Lido Deck but I don't think people walking below really noticed that someone was watching from above. The cabin of course had a TV with VCR, small frig and mini bar. What I enjoyed was the vanity - three mirrors. Our room Steward was great and the cabin was always clean and straight. I really don't think you would be disappointed with the cabin. Have fun and enjoy your cruise. I miss the morning coffee from room service and sitting outside with my coffee.

I am so glad to hear a review on the Sensation, especially one as good as this. We have a group (16 people) going on Sept 25. It will not be here soon enough for me!!!!!!!!!!! After I read this review I couldn't help but get excited. Me and my husband cruised on the Holiday last September for our honeymoon out of Nawlins. That was our first cruise and now we are hooked. :) I really hope we have as much fun this time as we did last time.

Archived