The Sensational Sensation! Our Idyllic Cruise: 4-23-2005 (LOOOONG!)

[quote name='SallyMay']We had a balcony on the Sensation the week of 4/23. We loved it and was well satisfied. We were in cabin V15. Just to walk out onto the balcony was something to behold. Yes, you are just above the Lido Deck but I don't think people walking below really noticed that someone was watching from above. The cabin of course had a TV with VCR, small frig and mini bar. What I enjoyed was the vanity - three mirrors. Our room Steward was great and the cabin was always clean and straight. I really don't think you would be disappointed with the cabin. Have fun and enjoy your cruise. I miss the morning coffee from room service and sitting outside with my coffee.[/QUOTE]
[font=Book Antiqua][size=4][color=darkslateblue]Thanks for the good news about the balcony rooms! Was it quiet on this deck, from the deck plans it looks like it would be one of the quietest decks to be on. I am a country girl spoiled to having a front porch to sit on every evening, so I will be enjoying that balcony, and room service is a great idea! It all sounds so good....21 more days and I will be onboard checking it all out! :D [/color][/size][/font]

Rodeomomof2, our cabin was very quiet. Every now and then you might hear someone talking on the deck below but nothing else. The balcony is not over large but just enough for two chairs and a small table - but we really enjoyed it. You can stand out there and see the most beautiful water and then may see someone walking below. That was not a distraction. DH says thats the only way to travel from now on. You will be spoiled. Which cabin will you be in? There are a few with obstructed view but I don't think that bothered anyone.
Have fun on your cruise.

[quote name='Rodeomomof2'][font=Garamond][size=5][color=darkslateblue]Hey LuvLeLe 10, I see you are a Brandon, Mississippi girl, I live in Crystal Springs,we are not far apart at all. I hope you have a great cruise! Please post a review for it when you get back in, let me know how the weather is as opposed to our humidity etc....[/color][/size][/font] ;) [font=Garamond][size=5][color=darkslateblue]Anything you care to share at all with me, I would love to hear! [/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]Hi! Yes I am a Brandon girl, for the past 20 years :D and I know lots of people from Crystal Springs...good people down there :)
I am so excited about this cruise, as are the rest of my family going with me. I'll take lots of pictures and try to post a review as soon as I get a chance and report on the weather compared to ours ;)
I plan on either doing the ruins or visiting Tapas in Costa Maya (probably Tapas) and thinking about Paradise Beach and a little shopping on the pier in Cozumel, maybe go to Carlos~n~Charlies... depends on what the rest of the group wants to do also.

[quote name='SallyMay']Rodeomomof2, our cabin was very quiet. Every now and then you might hear someone talking on the deck below but nothing else. The balcony is not over large but just enough for two chairs and a small table - but we really enjoyed it. You can stand out there and see the most beautiful water and then may see someone walking below. That was not a distraction. DH says thats the only way to travel from now on. You will be spoiled. Which cabin will you be in? There are a few with obstructed view but I don't think that bothered anyone.
Have fun on your cruise.[/QUOTE]
[font=Book Antiqua][size=4][color=darkslateblue]We will be in V14 which is not supposed to be one of the obstructed view cabins. (Hubby could not figure out why they would give you a balcony and then obstruct your view with a boat) I know everyone is different with their vacation expectations, I read several messages that said that you only sleep and change clothes in a room, so why pay more for a window or balcony room:confused: ; but I intend to spend a lot of time on my balcony with it being just us with no distractions getting back to why we are "just us" to begin with. So the balcony was a must have. We never get to have time alone or time when there is nothing to do but relax (always something to do on a farm). Thanks for you tips/advise/response![/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='LuvLeLe10']Hi! Yes I am a Brandon girl, for the past 20 years :D and I know lots of people from Crystal Springs...good people down there :)
I am so excited about this cruise, as are the rest of my family going with me. I'll take lots of pictures and try to post a review as soon as I get a chance and report on the weather compared to ours ;)
I plan on either doing the ruins or visiting Tapas in Costa Maya (probably Tapas) and thinking about Paradise Beach and a little shopping on the pier in Cozumel, maybe go to Carlos~n~Charlies... depends on what the rest of the group wants to do also.[/QUOTE]

[font=Book Antiqua][size=4][color=darkslateblue]I hope that you have a great time and I look forward to reading your review and seeing some pictures! In Cozumel we are going to do the jungle jeep tour with a small company that has some awesome reviews. I hope it turns out to be as much fun as I am hoping! Have a great cruise, 6 days will FLY by and then you will be off to paradise![/color][/size][/font]

Me and my husband went on a cruise last year to Playa del Carmen and Cozumel. We went snorkeling in Playa Del Carmen and it was breath taking. It was a little scary at first because our guide had put some type of fish food right next to me. There were fish everywhere. It was amazing though. The next day we went on a catameran sail, snorkel, and beach party. It was a lot of fun too. After we got through snorkeling they had free beer and margaritas on the catamaran. Then they took us to a beach with just the people on our boat. They had open bar there also. It had hammocks on palm trees, volley ball, and other stuff. We are going on another cruise this August to Costa Maya and Cozumel. We are going to do the catameran sail again. I'm not sure what to do in Costa Maya. Does anyone have any sugestions?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived