Just back from a wonderful cruise on the beautiful Splendida. Any questions?

ellamalta

Just got back today. Simply wonderful! If you have anything to ask, just ask. I got so much help from cruise critic. I want to be the one to help now! I can compare to RCCL if you need!

I would love to read your comparison to RCCL-if you will have time to do it.Thanks!

I'm booked on the Splendida Sept 21 out of Rome. How was the food? Which restaurants did you frequent the most? My wife and I have the allegrissimo premium package booked (we kinda like the booze). Think it will be worth it?

Thanks!:)

I'm booked on the Splendida Sept 21 out of Rome. How was the food? Which restaurants did you frequent the most? My wife and I have the allegrissimo premium package booked (we kinda like the booze). Think it will be worth it?

Thanks!:)

The food in the evening was good in the mdr most of the time. If you like seafood, you will enjoy it. If you dont, there are not that many interesting dishes. We always ate at the buffet for lunch. That was ok too. There was a variety of foods, but not as much choice as on RCCL. The quality was not that good either. Evening buffet was very very limited. There hardly were any interesting choices of desserts in the buffet, but the ice cream in the MDR was good.

We did not take any drinks packages. We had wine twice with dinner and 2 bottles of water every day with dinner as well. We drank water and coffee from the buffet the rest of the day, or bought water from the ports. You can buy water and soft drinks from the ports and get them on the ship without any problems at all.

I will do a review very soon, but as that will take some time, I will answer some of your questions first.

I would love to read your comparison to RCCL-if you will have time to do it.Thanks!

I will do the comparison in the review. Will do that when I have some spare time. Still very very tired after this cruise. Was not so relaxing, having to care for an infant and a four year old boy, but it was still very very enjoyable.

I would love to hear about the kids club if you used it,the activities,the club room,anything at all would be great!

My four year old son did not use the kids club as he did not like to stay by himself. We saw them going around in the evenings. They were wearing costumes and seemed to be having a great time. They had crafts, discos and playing every day. The teen tobaga (big blue slide) was great, though a bit slow, most probably cause it didnt have enough water. My son enjoyed the indoor pool a lot. he also enjoyed walking around the ship, sitting down in different places and taking photos. In the evening he had dinner in the buffet, then an ice cream in the MDR, before he fell asleep in his pushchair. They had a different kids menu every night in the MDR, but hardly anything interesting, except for the ice cream.

My one and a half year old especially enjoyed the attention he got from the staff. Everyone was talking and cooing him all the time. They were so nice to all of us, even when he made a mess in the buffet or in our cabin.

• 4 months later...

Archived