Do I pre-register for Adventure Ocean online?

I did a couple of searches on the RCL website but for whatever reason, couldn't find anything regarding registering the kids before the actual cruise.

This is the second time our kids are coming on a cruise (ages 7 and 5) and the last one they went on with us was with Carnival. I remember I was able to pre-register the kids online for their kids club. Can I do this with Adventure Ocean? If so, where would I find the info?

As part of the embarkation process, your kids will get plastic bracelets identifying their muster stations. They should also give you the information about Adventure Ocean including when the registration is. It'll also be listed in the Cruise Compass. (I mentioned the muster station bracelets because sometimes it's the same people who have the Adventure Ocean information to give you as well.)

As far as I'm aware, there isn't any online pre-registration for Adventure Ocean.

No, there's no pre-registering for Adventure Ocean that I know of. Perhaps someone else can correct me if I'm wrong. But you still do the online checkin for your cruise.

When we boarded last time, there was a table nearby with lots of bracelets on it. A staff member greeted us and our son and placed his bracelet on. The bracelet stays on all week. It lists his mustering station. Also we were given the agenda or cruise compass for the kids activities for the evening. There was an open house the first night and we were welcome to come and check out the facilities. It's actually the only night that they allow parents to come back beyond the counter to see the facility.

Our 7 year old had a blast on our cruise last year. He was 6 then. Looking forward to another one this fall.

Something you do have to sign up for if you wish to do: (but you sign up the day of).

Adventure Dining is offered usually at least 2 evenings. For that you have to go to Adventure Ocean sometime that day and sign the roster for your child to attend. We also had to check which entree our son would like (chicken nuggets, hot dog, and something else). I forget because all our son ever wanted was chicken nuggets. Anyway, they told us to bring him to them at 6:00 pm and the Adventure Ocean staff took him to dinner and then on to the evening activities. So those were the nights that we did alternative dining without the kid along.

For Radiance of the Seas, the staff took him to the Windjammer to eat.

Since it's your first cruise on RCCL, I'll just pass along that in the main dining room there is a child menu. Your kids can order from that or the regular adult menu.

As part of the embarkation process, your kids will get plastic bracelets identifying their muster stations. They should also give you the information about Adventure Ocean including when the registration is. It'll also be listed in the Cruise Compass. (I mentioned the muster station bracelets because sometimes it's the same people who have the Adventure Ocean information to give you as well.)

As far as I'm aware, there isn't any online pre-registration for Adventure Ocean.

I have heard this as well but it didn't happen for our sailing. We had to go to the Kid Adventure club and sign my daughter up. They never asked if we wanted the tracking bracelet either. I didn't bother asking as we had the iphones.

One thing I did want to point out about the Adventure Club. If you plan on using it, make sure to keep close track of the event times at the club.

We quickly found out that you can't drop your child off at any time period you want. Often times there are planned activities and your child's class may not be there and you may not be allowed to leave them. They do go to special lunches, dinners, late night PJ party at Blazes... golf...

You get the idea. They do keep the kids very busy and having a blast but if you don't watch those timed events carefully your kid might be out of luck.

My daughter's favorite event was the PJ party. She is an 11 year old tween so dancing the night away in her PJ and giggling with her friends was heaven. I am not sure a 7 year old boy would feel the same ;)

My daughter LOVED the kids club! She would beg us to let her go every free second she could.

CherylH and Praline3001 thanks for the additional info! I didn't realize we could do adventure dining! And great tip about watching the times...my kids are going to be there with 6 of their cousins (ages range from 7-3) so that is important..especially since the kids will be divided by age!

:)

Archived