Questions abut the "200 people boat" thru the canal??

knarf

On the Coral 1/9/06 partial thru the canal ! Taking the Coral's excursion-Do they provide a lunch while on this boat ? Drinks ?(what kind if they do?) When the "boat" gets to the Pacific -is it possible to mutiny and take over the "boat" and continiue on to California !!! If we can't --where does the ship stop, and what do you see while over at the Pacific ? Do you go to any shopping areas or other sites?? On the bus back to Colon, are there rest rooms on the bus-water to drink? Thanks to all those past passengers for their help. We appreciate it. Watch the papers on 1/9/06 for "Mutiny on the Bounty"( I mean Coral !!!! Sincerely, Knarf (Frank backwards)

Hi Knarf: I can help you with these questions since we took the same Ocean to Ocean tour last year. Frist question they do provide a box lunch which consists of a subway sandwhich, chips, a piece of fruit and a drink The drinks on board were soft drinks and also water. No we cannot continue to California:D Once the ship goes under the Bridges of the Americas it lands in a marina where buses are waiting to pick you up and are taken out to a big jetty where you can see views of Panama City and the Pacific Ocean. Then back on buses for the trip back to the Coral. On the way you will see not to good sides of Panama City, some of the former U.S. Canal zone buildings. There is no shopping area there. There is a restroom on the bus, I cannot remember of there was drinks provided. Hope this helps. The shopping area was before you got back on the ship.

Marilyn

Hi mii.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions !! That helps. You say NO to going on to California. Sure -what do you care -that's were you live!!!!!!!!!! I've never been to California, SO mutiny may be the only way to I might get there. I wonder if they have a "PLANK" on board that I can use !!!! Thanks again. Knarf

• 1 month later...

Ocean to Ocean is a wonderful trip - we were there on a Saturday and the guy was giving football scores. You get to go through the cut and the Pacific locks on a small ship!

I also read the book about the building of the canal. It is called the Path Between the Seas.

My scrapbook is online at: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/calcteach1/my_photos

Archived