Transportation options to Caribelle Batik

ILoveScotland

I'll be on St. Kitts in November. It will be my third visit, and all I really want to do is go to the Caribelle Batik workshop and shop. I still wear a dress I bought there in 1998 and would like to return to see the beautiful batik and the gardens.

People on other threads mention going by taxi. Is that best? I'd probably want to spend at least an hour and probably two to give me enough time to shop and wander around the area. Then I'd be ready to go back into town and putter around a while. I wouldn't expect a taxi to wait, so would I be able to arrange a pick up ahead of time?

I'd even take a public bus if that option was a viable one.

Thanks for any information.

A taxi would probably be the best option if you want to spend that much time there. A regular tour would not stay there that long. The bus wold only drop you off on the main island road and you would have to walk up to Caribelle from there.

A taxi would probably be the best option if you want to spend that much time there. A regular tour would not stay there that long. The bus wold only drop you off on the main island road and you would have to walk up to Caribelle from there.

I've done a tour which was great, but this time I just want to go to Caribelle I hadn't thought about the walk up the hill from the main road. I do remember it though. So, taxi it will be.

• 1 month later...

Are you on a cruise? If so, what ship?

We may be on the same ship!

My cabin mate wants to visit the batik factory only as well and we are considering all the available options.

MARAPRINCE

Archived