Zip-lining in Roatan

adamsm1

We will be cruising to Roatan in November and want to do zip-lining. There seem to be several options, and I need to know which one is the most fun. We have never zip-lined before, but are really looking forward to it.

We will be cruising to Roatan in November and want to do zip-lining. There seem to be several options, and I need to know which one is the most fun. We have never zip-lined before, but are really looking forward to it.

We did Clip&Zip right in the port. There were 11 runs with the longest 900'. There are other zip lines which are more extreme and give better views while zipping. Ours was basically between the trees. This was our first time and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Dave

South Shore Canopy is the best in my opinion. You could have great day touring with Ronystours. We've used him many times. The zipline is near a GORGEOUS beach area. It's very convenient to do the zipline and spend the rest of your time at the beach. He can take anyone in your party who does not want to zip to the beach then those zipping can meet you. The beaches are breathtking - definately do NOT miss. Rony is so friendly - we always have so much fun with him.

South Shore Canopy is the best in my opinion. You could have great day touring with Ronystours. We've used him many times. The zipline is near a GORGEOUS beach area. It's very convenient to do the zipline and spend the rest of your time at the beach. He can take anyone in your party who does not want to zip to the beach then those zipping can meet you. The beaches are breathtking - definately do NOT miss. Rony is so friendly - we always have so much fun with him.

I 2nd Ronys Tours. They were excellent.

We did the Pirates of the Caribbean Extremely Extreme zip line and it was AMAZING and this is from someone who has a strong fear of heights. The guys there were great and we never felt rushed or felt unsafe.

I've done both Pirates Extremely Extreme and South Shore. I would recommend South Shore for first timers for several reasons.

1) More beautiful views (Pirates wasn't bad, just not as scenic)

2) Pirates starts with the longest lines and works to shorter ones. South Shore starts with the smaller lines, and works up to the longest ones.

3) South Shore seemed safer. There was tied rope looking the pulley system to my harness on Pirates, but I don't remember that at South Shore.

One Note - While the longest line was probably about the same length at both, Pirates had more longer lines. But it also seemed like Pirates had a few less lines total. Both were great, but I vote South Shore for everyone but the most extreme thrill seekers who want the longest lines possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Last time I was here we did the South Shore Canopy, it was a blast. Ages ranging from 20 to 65 and everyone loved it. Bringing my boys in December and can't wait.

We just got back from our cruise and did this zip-and-splash in Roatan. It was fantastic! I can't recommend them more highly. http://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/Zip-and-Splash-Beach-Break-p/carosshzipbch.htm

Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

We went zip-lining at the SouthShore Zip line. It was great. For all of you that are a little on the “fluffy” sized as I read someone termed it, this zipline is perfect. No problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived