May 25th Radiance Alaska cruisetour#3 review

HI

Yes its a great picture of the bear. When he walked by the bus the driver stopped and told everyone to be really quiet. We all held our breath while it walked past! The shuttle buses in Denali have windows that you can slide down so you can get great photos of the wildlife and viewing through binoculars is better too without the glass.

Doris

After having a couple of hours in the afternoon to browse the Anchorage museum we transferred to the Marriott at about 4.30pm so we had all the evening free in Anchorage.

We ate a great place called Humpys:

http://humpys.com/anc/food

It was full of locals and had a great atmosphere. I had the halibut tacos. Other folks on our tour went to an Irish bar and enjoyed it. Your tour manager will also give you restaurant recommendations. Most of the tour managers are local folks. ours, Lindsay came from Anchorage and was wonderful.

In Denali we ate at the hotels restaurant, The Lucky Miss Saloon which was fairly pricey but the food was good. I can recommend the smoked salmon and goats cheese pizza!

They also had nice riverside dining at Pikes Lodge in Fairbanks.

523390_426198717413308_398105537_n.jpg.ad4469298ae16de04526c873e92d0632.jpg

HI

Yes its a great picture of the bear. When he walked by the bus the driver stopped and told everyone to be really quiet. We all held our breath while it walked past! The shuttle buses in Denali have windows that you can slide down so you can get great photos of the wildlife and viewing through binoculars is better too without the glass.

Doris

After having a couple of hours in the afternoon to browse the Anchorage museum we transferred to the Marriott at about 4.30pm so we had all the evening free in Anchorage.

We ate a great place called Humpys:

http://humpys.com/anc/food

It was full of locals and had a great atmosphere. I had the halibut tacos. Other folks on our tour went to an Irish bar and enjoyed it. Your tour manager will also give you restaurant recommendations. Most of the tour managers are local folks. ours, Lindsay came from Anchorage and was wonderful.

In Denali we ate at the hotels restaurant, The Lucky Miss Saloon which was fairly pricey but the food was good. I can recommend the smoked salmon and goats cheese pizza!

They also had nice riverside dining at Pikes Lodge in Fairbanks.

We forgot her name, but she was our guide for the land portion of our Alaska Trip with RCI. She was a fantastic guide. Very knowledgeable, always a smile and so helpful.

Here is a link to her photo. I could not figure out how to get the hyper link to get the photo on this page with Shutterly.com Not sure if it has the ability.

http://joycechrisphotos.shutterfly.com/2725

Archived