Dream room question

MandynJim

I am booked on the Dream next summer and we booked one of the few 4 person walkway views. A 4J room. Since this room is a handicap room there is always the fear of being bumped, but since there are only 4, 4 person 4J rooms on the entire ship if they did have to bump us would it be an upgrade since there isn't any rooms that are equivalent?

You could get bumped to the Riveria deck oceanview.

what cabin is that?

on deck 10 there are 4 cabins-- what one is the handicapped cabin - we are showing that it is a regular cabin

Funny...I was wondering about our similar scenario; we are booked on the Dream for the July 7th cruise in room 9353 - a 4H inside cabin. So far, we are showing up as being confirmed in this room, but as we get closer to the cruise, I too am wondering what happens if the cruise line bumps us out.

Just curious if a bump does happen - when would we find out? Do they ever bump you into a lesser cabin?

Funny...I was wondering about our similar scenario; we are booked on the Dream for the July 7th cruise in room 9353 - a 4H inside cabin. So far, we are showing up as being confirmed in this room, but as we get closer to the cruise, I too am wondering what happens if the cruise line bumps us out.

Just curious if a bump does happen - when would we find out? Do they ever bump you into a lesser cabin?

why would you be bumped from this cabin?

You can only be put into what you booked or higher.

You could get an oceanview cabin on deck 2 and get a cabin smack right in the middle of the galley which will get you MUCH noise.

Or put you under the show lounge which again will get you much noise

although on a bottom deck it IS an upgrade.

it is a handicapped cabin. were you given this cabin or did you book it outright?

the door to this cabin is to the side there.

not in the hall with the rest of the cabins.

if you have a need for the cabin you needed to have documents sent to the cruiselines.

with a sailin gof jULY 7TH i do not think you will be moved. People who need know to book ahead of time

I booked through Carnival - called them by phone - and was assigned this room. Never looked at deck plans until now, and noticed it was a handicapped stateroom. Since the OP posed the concern, I wanted to know how this sort of thing is handled by the cruise line as it affects me also. I am doing B2B voyages on the Dream 7/7-14 and the Paradise 7/14-19 (driving to Tampa afer the first week) - cruise line booked us into handicapped rooms on BOTH ships! Go figure! Not overly concerned, but was wondering if bumping happens in this circumstance, where will they put you (as to category) and if so, how close to sailing.

Not at all my doing - just took what was given to me!

Suzi

Suzi- I would call and ask to be changed. I really do not think you will like this room.

Yes its a handicapped cabin-= the door sits at the side- not like in the hall like the others.

when you walk in the foot of the bed is there-- I am trying to explain it-- its hard.

in the cabin the heads of the beds will sit on the left wall. your bathroom is to the right of you.

I think you will have much more space in a regular inside cabin.

with them giving you this cabin the chances of them bumping you is almost nil

Archived