Pirate boat adventure

Mexidog

if you are talking about the pirate ship marigalante, then yes, you will have the best time. i did this with my 2 daughters 7 and 10 at the time thanksgiving before last. we had a wonderful time. i also thought that it was rather expensive, but after experiencing this it was well worth the $$$. i booked with pvonline, and paid for it before we even left.

have fun

hkmom

The Marigalante actually has two tours - one day tour and one night tour (fireworks over the bay - lots of fun!). Some of the cruise ships offer this through their excursions, some do not. I know the Marigalante is not very good about answering their emails so booking via pvonline is a good idea.

We had a great time on the Marigalante. We did the sunset trip with dinner and it was excellent. It has a great Pirate show, open bar and also dinner, filete mignon and shrimp, with wine. The crew was excellent and also had a great show with fireworks in front of the Malecon. It was high, but worth it! Enjoy:)

Sorry - thought I did answer. It depends on which ship you are going to be on. SOME of the ships offer the Marigalante (day cruise) and some do not. So, it will depend on which ship you are on as to if you can book it through the cruise line or not. Thanks!

Yes Pam you did answer it I just didn't read it properly. Sorry

Was wondering the website looks really interesting and fun the cruise line offeres a pirate ship adventure also and was wondering if it is the same company. The difference in price is only 10 dollars a person so that would not be a factor on whether to book through the pv website or the ship.

Hello everyone,

My family and I just did the pirate ship Marigalante in P.V.(May 05). We took the day cruise(booked it on the ship). I would recommed it. Our children are 12 and 15 years old. They had a blast. There were only 2 down falls. First, be really careful, make sure you have your sea legs. My mother went on the ship with us and she was sick the whole time.:( The crew was really wonderful and helped her as much as they could. I can't say enough about them!!! They were GREAT!!!Second, they do have a open bar. There was a few (very) drunk people on the ship. But don't let that stop you(it wasn't bad). I just wished they would have limited the drinks(maybe for the daytime cruise). The show was fun especially for the kids. They really make it fun for all ages. If you really want to be apart of everything sit down below, not on the top deck. We had a hard time seeing on the second deck. The food was wonderful. We had BBQ ribs and chicken, salad, rice and corn. It would have been twice as much fun if my mother hadn't been so sick. All in all we did have a wonderful time and I would do it again. Mom, of course, would not.

Thanks for the info Dolphinlover

Quick question What is the difference from down below and the top deck? I usually love the top as it is out in the sun etc.

Also thanks for the info on the open bar. Have had my experience with those and now am more careful. Was amazed how fast the rum punch in the Carribbean caught up with me! Now instead of going for the free rum punch I pay for the beer!

Yes, thanks very much for the info. We will be taking the evening sunset departure and are very excited. I am looking forward to the open bar ;) as well as all the festivities. Glad you had such a good time---sorry about your Mom :eek:

Hello everyone,

You are welcome!!! When you enter the ship you will be on the bottom deck. This is where are the activities take place. If you want to be apart of all the fun and games, this is where you want to be. It seats approx. 50 people. The rest of the people have to go up the stairs to second deck(which over looks the first deck). It is up by the bar. Of course, when people stand up it makes it very hard to see. It was still lots of fun but if you really want to be apart of the games make sure you sit down on the first deck. As far as the sun on the decks goes, you will be in pretty much full sun on the way to the beach no matter where you sit. On the way back they drape the sails over the decks so it will be shaded on the way back. Make sure if you want to sit on first deck you get there as soon as possible. We had a little problem with some of the people on the ship. The crew wanted my mother to sit down on the first deck(because she was so sick) and the people who were sitting on that bench got really upset that we "stole" their seats. Well, family ended up being seperated for the rest of the excursion. Atleast they let me mother stay down there. Mom is doing better now:) . The sunset in P.V. was so beautiful last week. You should get some great pictures, dien2cruize!! Enjoy Everyone!!

Thanks for the info on the beautiful sunset picture opportunitys ;)

Question...Was the ship you took the Marigalante? If so, where did you board this ship? Was it close to where the cruise ship docks? I guess that was three questions :rolleyes: Reason I as is we booked this independently and need to know if we need to catch a cab there. Thanks for all your help!

Yes, we took the same ship. If your cruise ship docks in the same place as RCCL did the pirate ship is right next to it. The pirates will be standing there waiting for you. It's just a short walk there. Glad I can help answer some of you questions. :)

Archived