Live from the Dawn...seas are calming and we have picked up speed

JessLCH

She was a lucky girl to have you two as parents!! It sounds as if she was loved and well taken care of, right up to the end. I am glad you had all those years with her, you were lucky too, to have her in your lives!!! I am sure you have many, many happy memories of her.....

Suesan

For greenie...

I'm glad that you got the "surprise" and hope the "must do" suggestions came in handy for everyone at your Cruise Critic Meet & Greet! Sorry I couldn't figure out how to stowaway...Mylynn laughed when I told her about it...she even "suggested" that the best way to do it would be to hideout in the crew quarters...no one looks there when they are turning the ship around in NYC!

My computer has been "sick" along with dh & I since we returned. We're just about over our colds but the computer problem currently is unresolvable. I've a dear friend letting me use her system today so that I could get caught up with all that has been happening on Cruise Critic. Sorry I wasn't able to sail along with you via the DAWN's bridge cam...sounds like you had quite a ride...I'm jealous that you even got an extra day's cruising...what a treat! (Too bad about the Mother's Day cruisers though.)

I'm really looking forward to hearing all about your cruise...how much did you love that Penthouse Suite...how surprised was Joe??? I'm glad that Mylynn let us take a peek inside when we were disembarking. My dh is worried now that I'll definitely want to upgrade out of the Balcony cabins into one of those suites...time to start saving up the money.

Glad to hear that you loved the DAWN like we did on our first DAWN trip and booked another cruise before we left the ship. Not that I'm not tempted by your February 2006 SPIRIT invitation...unfortunately, February isn't a good month for us to cruise because of the snow and our horses. Even though I have a very capable friend feed their 17 hungry appetites while we vacation, I hesitate to over extend the work by having her do chores during the bad winter weather months, so I have to keep my cruise dates during the spring, summer, and fall months. We've thought that the best time to sail is at the end of April or the end of May...now we're leaning toward anytime during the month of May (at a time inbetween school's Easter breaks and spring breaks and summer vacations). During our 4/24 DAWN cruise, the ship was full of "run amuck" teens taking over the elevators hitting every deck number and lounging on the stairs...making movement between any of the public decks a bit of a challenge! We were surprised at this because we really didn't see many kids or teens on the DAWN when we sailed during the same week the year before. We've also sailed in the month of July before, but have found the southern island weather a bit too hot for our tastes (July in Alaska would be ideal though). We're leaning toward a Holland America cruise in the month of October 2006 (when my 50th birthday is) to the Caribbean. I've found one cruise that intrigues me (horseback riding on the beach, going to the Baths at Virgin Gorda in Tortola, and having a cabana on their private island)...but if something better pops up during the "good" weather months, I may change my mind. So, if you might like to go on a "second" cruise in 2006, I'll keep you informed of our plans...after all these 50th birthday celebrations don't happen every year!

For Suesanjean...keeping hugging Beau and Bonnie, they will help to dry your tears and ease your aching heart. It is hard to believe that it has been a month since you lost Bobbie...time will help the healing and your memories of Bobbie one day will be the "warm, fuzzy" kind.

Over and out for now...or at least until I come back to my friends house or get my computer fixed...whichever comes first!

Debjo

Archived