Veniceconnected.com discountinues discount!

Redbarnphotog

Found out on tripadvisor yesterday that veniceconnected.com, the supplier of prepurchased transportation cards has discontinued thier early purchase discount.

I had done my research and was going to purchase my tickets online for the vaporetti, toilet and internet cards as we are spending 4 days there pre-cruise next year.

Now there's no point.

Bummer.

We just spent a day there and had no problem finding a free public toilet a couple of times. Once at Doges Palace and another time at a cafe where were ordered a beer and a house wine and got a free toilet plus free WiFi for the total cost of about 6 euro including tip. (It was NOT near San Marco or Rialto, but in more of a residential area northwest of Rialto that we wandered into.)

We took the Aliluga from the port to San Marco and would have been able to walk back to the port, but I wanted to take the vapertto just to say I did. If I go back to Venice, I will just walk everywhere, it's a very walkable city and most cafes offer free WiFi and toilet with even a small purchase.

Archived