Viking US/UK Booking Issue

Jensten

My husband and I are going to be spending time with family in the UK next year, and we want to "piggy-back" a Viking cruise as part of the trip. However, I'm becoming a bit frustrated with Viking's booking policies. For UK passengers, Viking offers inclusive return travel to the UK as part of the booking price. When I inquired with Viking, I was told that as a US resident, I cannot book my cruise through Viking UK and I was referred to a booking agent here in the US. When I asked the US agent whether I could still take advantage of the included return travel to the UK or whether Viking could arrange return travel to the UK for me, I was told that Viking US can only arrange travel to/from the US. Now, of course, I could book my travel between London and the ship myself or through a TA, but that's not the point. Am I wrong in thinking that Viking should be more accomodating in this regard?

My husband and I are going to be spending time with family in the UK next year, and we want to "piggy-back" a Viking cruise as part of the trip. However, I'm becoming a bit frustrated with Viking's booking policies. For UK passengers, Viking offers inclusive return travel to the UK as part of the booking price. When I inquired with Viking, I was told that as a US resident, I cannot book my cruise through Viking UK and I was referred to a booking agent here in the US. When I asked the US agent whether I could still take advantage of the included return travel to the UK or whether Viking could arrange return travel to the UK for me, I was told that Viking US can only arrange travel to/from the US. Now, of course, I could book my travel between London and the ship myself or through a TA, but that's not the point. Am I wrong in thinking that Viking should be more accomodating in this regard?

Dear Jensten,

We understand your frustration. Please contact us directly at TellUs@vikingrivercruises.com so that we may try to help you with your travel arrangements.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Viking River Cruises

Archived