Freedom 6/2/2012 review: 8 days of Southern Caribbean fun, sun, and photos

Lady_Jag

All Stations, All Stations, this is Search and Rescue we are currently looking for Lady Jag. Advise if you find her :D

I hope Lady Jag is OK and hasn't broken anything since receiving the all clear from the last X-rays! :eek:

I'm so fascinated with this review - I don't think I've ever read one in such [awesome] detail! I'm sailing on Freedom with this itinerary for my honeymoon 6 weeks from today. :D Between the review and comments I've learned so much! The golf cart in Grand Turk is a fantastic option vs. sun tanning...er, burning...all day. We're doing a Seavis tour with our roll call in DR and it's nice to have all of the details of the excursion (I just haven't asked). I'm still looking for an excursion (or all inclusive resort) in Curaçao and Aruba. Curaçao will be a hard one to plan with everything closing at 6PM in town, and my unwillingness to pay for food on land when we already paid for it on the ship. Carnival's De Palm Island excursion is too expensive for the amount of time given in my opinion. There has to be a better option available somewhere! I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on Aruba as well as the remainder of the cruise. Thanks for sharing your review!!

• 2 weeks later...
I hope Lady Jag is OK and hasn't broken anything since receiving the all clear from the last X-rays! :eek:

I'm so fascinated with this review - I don't think I've ever read one in such [awesome] detail! I'm sailing on Freedom with this itinerary for my honeymoon 6 weeks from today. :D Between the review and comments I've learned so much! The golf cart in Grand Turk is a fantastic option vs. sun tanning...er, burning...all day. We're doing a Seavis tour with our roll call in DR and it's nice to have all of the details of the excursion (I just haven't asked). I'm still looking for an excursion (or all inclusive resort) in Curaçao and Aruba. Curaçao will be a hard one to plan with everything closing at 6PM in town, and my unwillingness to pay for food on land when we already paid for it on the ship. Carnival's De Palm Island excursion is too expensive for the amount of time given in my opinion. There has to be a better option available somewhere! I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on Aruba as well as the remainder of the cruise. Thanks for sharing your review!!

In Curacao we used

Henry"Leo"Plaate

Rent-A-Guide

He was wonderful. Found out about him here on CC from others that raved about his tour.

In Aruba, just hook up with a tour for $20 . As soon as you walk off the ship there will be tour buses that will take you to all the same places the Carnival ships excursions go to. Was well worth it. Went to the Aloe Vera factory, rock formations, lighthouse and a bunch of other places. They will drop you off at the beach afterwards if you want. Then you can hop a bus back to the port for under 2 bucks. They run non stop.

Thank you for the enjoyable review Lady_Jag. I really love the way that you narrate your story and I am completely riveted!

This was an itinerary that we wanted to do when the Carnival Miracle was sailing to these ports. We almost booked it two years ago, but opted to take the Carnival Victory itinerary instead.

We have been on the Freedom already, and even though the itinerary comes first on our list when choosing a cruise, I would rather sail on a ship that I haven't been on yet. Not that I have anything negative to say about the Carnival Freedom. There are so many ships to sail on, and so little time and money.

Looking forward to your continuing review of the Carnival Freedom. In the meantime, I am reading and enjoying your Carnival Legend pictorial. We will be sailing on that ship this fall.

Thank you so much for sharing!

Archived